Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,650,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTfamily View Post
Also, not sure if we will buy or rent temporarily. The position would be for 2-3 years. It depends on if we sell our house in CT. The market is very depressed here and we would not want to sell our house at a loss.

Does anyone have any info on the rental home market? We are looking for a 4-5 bedroom house, 3 car garage, 4,000+square feet.
I am sure you can find something, but there are not as many rentals as homes for sale in the area...I think the majority of the Wal Mart exec live int Bentonville and BV.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 01:08 PM

7 posts, read 34,933 times
Can anyone recommend a real estate agent for Bentonville?

Old 03-31-2009, 09:25 AM

14 posts, read 71,645 times
Did someone mention the Minor League Baseball team in Springdale area? BV has rentals and I am sure the other areas do as well.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,629 times
Default Rentals/Baseball

Lochmoor Club has some rentals that sound up your alley....
Tara Cummings is an agent from the are and would be a great rental agent as well.
[url]http://www.lochmoorclub.net[/url] - good links!

We have a great Minor League team in Springdale - NWA Naturals.

Good Luck!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:00 PM

12 posts, read 48,342 times
Shadow Valley Country Club is also an area where many executives live. They have a Clubhouse w/restaurant (where you can drink alcohol) and an amazing view, childcare, gym, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, 18 hole golf course, etc. We have a home for lease there... much smaller than what you are looking for (4 bedroom, 2 baths, 2 car), but if you'd like something temporary especially if you'd like to build. You can contact me if you wish! Good luck!

Old 05-14-2009, 07:06 AM

14 posts, read 42,294 times
CTFamily,

We are living a parallel-universe. We had been living in NWA for 7 years (but have been in London for the last 2 years), and are now relocating to the NY Metro area.

NWA is a wonderful place to raise a family. I too, worked for a large CPG company with an office there, as does my husband. In fact, one the biggest problems many of these companies have is that they bring in people from HQ to the BV office for a "2-3 stint", and then these people don't want to leave the area. I can name about 20 such people that lived on my street who came to BV for "2 years" and have been there 5+.

The one thing I will tell you is that population is very centralized. So although there are tons of different places to live, most people live in subdivisions directly off the 540 corridor.
Beaver Lake is a gorgeous lake with beautiful, wooded lake lots that some poeple love. However, it does take 30 minutes to get into town. This doesn't sound like much, especially when you are coming from an area where it takes you 30 minutes to get anywhere, but that also means 30 minutes just to get to the grocery store, etc.

Most of the CPG community lives in parts of Rogers (west of 540) and select parts of Fayetteville and a few subdivisions in Springdale and Bentonville. Bentonville has a lot of the WMT HO employees.

We lived in Rogers and absolutely loved it. We still own our house there, and I'm gutted that we won't be moving back there. From what I understand (and certainly judging from the value of our home), the market there is quite depressed, so you could get a very nice home for less than $600K. Check out the Manors Subdivision in Rogers. Huge homes, young families, and large acre+ lots. Another nice subdivision in Tallemore in Bentonville, but from what I understand the people there aren't quite as "neighborly" (a lot of WMT execs. live here. You will soon find that there are some strict rules about WMT people fraternizing with suppliers).

As far as schools, Bellview Elementary School in Rogers is considered one of the best. Elm Tree is a year round primary school in Bentonville that is also highly regarded. Bentonville High School recently won the state championship in Football (in 2006?), so high school football is a large part of the scene there. Springdale High School recently had one of the top QBs in the country, and people came from all over to watch him play.

Hope that helps a little bit. Please feel free to contact me with any more questions.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:08 PM

19 posts, read 129,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTfamily View Post
Also, not sure if we will buy or rent temporarily. The position would be for 2-3 years. It depends on if we sell our house in CT. The market is very depressed here and we would not want to sell our house at a loss.

Does anyone have any info on the rental home market? We are looking for a 4-5 bedroom house, 3 car garage, 4,000+square feet.
There are numerous neighborhoods full of McMansions on the north, south, east and west sides of town. Central Avenue through the heart of town has an eclectic mix of older homes with more architectural charm. You'll have no problem finding a home from 4-10 thousand square feet.

An oft-told story around here is that Wal-Mart vendors transfer their people in from places like the northeast and those people are filled with dread about having to live in Arkansas. After they've done their 3-year stint and their company wants to send them back "home", they will jump ship and go work for another company so that they can stay here.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:19 PM

7 posts, read 21,482 times
My husband is considering taking a position at WalMart and we currently live in the San Francisco Bay Area. He seems to feel Pinnacle Hills is a great place- very close to Pinnacle Promenade (major retailers) and the best schools - Bentonville School District. I'm hoping to move near a lot of young families who are also a mix of transplants and locals. My concern is meeting mothers of young children who are my age. I'm 34 with a 4 and 2 year old. I don't know why I get the feeling I will be the "old mom" in the area.

Anyway, best of luck with your move. It's scary but exciting...

Old 12-23-2009, 06:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,650,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiarelocate View Post
My husband is considering taking a position at WalMart and we currently live in the San Francisco Bay Area. He seems to feel Pinnacle Hills is a great place- very close to Pinnacle Promenade (major retailers) and the best schools - Bentonville School District. I'm hoping to move near a lot of young families who are also a mix of transplants and locals. My concern is meeting mothers of young children who are my age. I'm 34 with a 4 and 2 year old. I don't know why I get the feeling I will be the "old mom" in the area.

Anyway, best of luck with your move. It's scary but exciting...
you won't be the "OLD MOM" many of the people living in and around Bentonville are transplants, young professionals and have young children. Yes, the area near Pinnacle Hills is very nice. There are lots of areas in Bentonville that are worth investigating, some are just off the highway up on the hills (both sides of the highway I will add) Some are closer to Centerton, etc. As for meeting other moms, probably the best way in involvement in kids activities and through the churches.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers