U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 01:13 AM

8 posts, read 19,723 times
Coming from norcal to go to U of A, it really offers a lot more then some might think. It has biking trails up the road, a lake within 30 minutes and if your into going to bars it has that as well. People are friendly here, its cheap (compared to anywhere in Cali) and seems to offer a great experiance.

The negatives would be there is limited jobs, not a ton of stores to pick from and it is slower then CA (which doesn't bug me but to some people from CA it would)

There is a river near by to gp rafting, I'm just not sure where.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 09:23 AM

1,801 posts, read 2,411,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolArkansasAngel26 View Post
It is a college town,but,it has some good restaurants,although,I don't recall them having a grocery store..but,there is Wal-Mart
Of course Fayetteville has a grocery store....several, I'm sure, as it is pretty spread out. We went into a very nice Harp's grocery store one time when we were traveling through there.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
are there places nearby in a river to go tubing???
Are you kidding? There is a river every few miles in NW Arkansas!

Old 06-27-2009, 09:27 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,574,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Are you kidding? There is a river every few miles in NW Arkansas!
which one do you like the most?!

Old 06-28-2009, 06:50 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,888,071 times
i would choose Eureka Springs, AR over Fayetteville anyday.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:04 AM

206 posts, read 266,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Just stay off Geekfest.com. Some of those people on there are brutal, to say the least. Made me change my mind on moving there. There are some great people in ES besides the people on there, so don't let it scare you off.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
which one do you like the most?!
The only two I have any experience with are the Buffalo (a national treasure if there ever was one) and the Mulberry (smaller and less dramatic, but still beautiful). Both are close to Fayetteville (an hour, hour and a half, probably). Do you have a good detailed map of Arkansas? If not, just get on Google maps and check it out. There are other great small rivers in the area also....I've just never been to them. Maybe some others here can tell you about them.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:07 PM

48,441 posts, read 39,541,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
That might be true if you don't need a job, but Eureka Springs isn't exactly busting at the seems. I haven't heard of too much industry there lately...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers