U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-01-2009, 03:10 PM

2 posts, read 4,814 times

Advertisements

I'm headed up to BV in a few weeks to look at lakefront homes and was wondering if anyone could give me a reading on the fishing in the lakes there. In particular, the overall quality of the fishing and if there is any significant difference (other than size and boat regulations) in fishing in these lakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 03:29 PM

49,563 posts, read 41,523,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbybgood View Post
I'm headed up to BV in a few weeks to look at lakefront homes and was wondering if anyone could give me a reading on the fishing in the lakes there. In particular, the overall quality of the fishing and if there is any significant difference (other than size and boat regulations) in fishing in these lakes.
lots of places to fish, but someone else will have to fill you in on the quality. I know we have freinds that go out every week..

Nita

ps good luck, hope you are successful and have a good pro agent working with you..The area is awesome, especially around the lakes..

Nita

Old 07-01-2009, 07:39 PM

9,588 posts, read 4,786,681 times
Bobby,
I'm by no means at expert at Bella Vista Fishing..But I can tell you this, I live in California and have been fishing in Bella Vista once and Beaver Lake once. Now, I stopped by the the bait shop right off the hiway ( Hook, Line and Sinker, I think it was called) I walked right over to some fellas that were sitting around shootin the breeze, and said "Hey Guy's, I'm from California. and have exactly one day to fish at Beaver Lake, can ya help a tourist out". Well this one guy walks over grabs a map and marks up a few spots and tells me what baits to throw. So one thing I'd suggest is talk to the guys in that shop.. As far as the Bella Vista lakes were concerned, I fished one of them, sorry don't remember the name, but those bass had never seen a Yamamoto Senko before.................

Old 07-02-2009, 07:51 AM

165 posts, read 327,057 times
For many years the Arkansas state record for Large-mouth Bass was caught in Loch Lomond. That record has since been broken, however fishing quality on all the Bella Vista lakes is premium.

Another note is that the POA stocks one of the lakes (the one behind the Town Center I believe) with Rainbow Trout from approximately October through April so members can catch trout throughout the winter months.

Last edited by hognoxious; 07-02-2009 at 08:40 AM..

Old 07-04-2009, 08:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,814 times
Sure appreciate the feedback so far. I had looked at Beaver Lake 2 years ago, then ran into a pro at Bass Pro this spring who said he grew up on Beaver and it wasn't rewarding compared to a lot of lakes....so it made me think I should check this out as best I can before moving forward with picking a place. More opinions/experience??? Love to hear. Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers