Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 01:05 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,296,077 times

Advertisements

I have a elderly friend that lives in Hot Springs Village. She moved there from Fla to be closer to her son due to her age, and also the cost of living is lower there. But she misses the warm Fl weather, though.

Last edited by linicx; 08-06-2009 at 03:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 01:33 PM

200 posts, read 681,804 times
El Dorado (also in south Arkansas). Home of El Dorado Promise. Decent football team. Decent school. Decent downtown night life. Home to some of the better deer hunting in the state.

Also, I may be confusing "carpentry" with "construction", so forgive me if I am. In the next year or so, El Dorado will begin construction on a new convention center and a new high school, as well as a new golf course should be open for business. A 100 or so home lots have already been planned for the golf course with room to grow, and there is already a waiting list.

Last edited by linicx; 08-06-2009 at 03:24 PM..

Old 08-07-2009, 05:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle1960 View Post
I grew up vacationing in Cherokee Village, AR at my Grandparents Cabin, that my Grandfather built. My parents, now live in Hot Springs Village, AR. We all are originally from Illinois, small rural communities, but have lived & worked in larger cities as well.
My question is: would the communities of NWA welcome an "outsider" moving into their area, who is a self employed Carpenter? We have always loved the area, but my husband is afraid that being an outsider, he might have a hard time finding work. He's very good at what he does, honest to a fault, and will never be a rich man (because, he'll never charge what his skills are really worth), but, he will always be able to take pride in his work.
Our other question is regarding the schools & athletic departments. We have heard that they both are excellent. We just have 1 son, still at home. He's 14 & plays travel & legion Baseball, Basketball, and his favorite - Football! He's attended an NFL Football camp for the past 5 Summers, where he was awarded - Best Lineback & Best Tightend. This year, he'll be playing Quarterback & Lineback. Would he be welcomed into the sports programs, or have we waited too late to relocate, for him to be accepted? Thank you.
come to Bella Vista and judge for yourself. Many of the people who live here are from outside the state and we have everything from the very rich to the almost very poor, we have everything from old to young (it is changing yearly) and everything from people holding PHDs to people who have no education. The kids living on the east side of the city go to Bentonville schools, Will your son be accepted in NWA? You can go to any middle sized town, Bentonville, Rogers or BV just to mention a few. He will be fine. We moved our son when he was starting his senior year in high school. He had a great year, being an athlete helped him.

Go for it, but do is asap.

NIta

Old 08-07-2009, 05:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
Absolutely on the money.

I was listening to a report on the radio a few days ago referencing the economic health of AR and at one point it specifically addressed NWA being "overbuilt".

The report stated that NWA would be later than most to pull out of the housing slump because of that.
I would agree except for one thing: though new construction is down, there are always people looking for home improvements and additions as well as overall handy men. good ones are hard to find.

Nita

Old 08-07-2009, 06:53 AM

731 posts, read 1,366,775 times
Most people in NW Arkansas are from somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle1960 View Post
Our other question is regarding the schools & athletic departments. We have heard that they both are excellent. We just have 1 son, still at home. He's 14 & plays travel & legion Baseball, Basketball, and his favorite - Football! He's attended an NFL Football camp for the past 5 Summers, where he was awarded - Best Lineback & Best Tightend. This year, he'll be playing Quarterback & Lineback. Would he be welcomed into the sports programs, or have we waited too late to relocate, for him to be accepted? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers