Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 07:25 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,357,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
there is a difference in being adicted and what he said. You don't have to be a sprots fan, but to say there are too many things in our country to worry about so we shouldn't waste our time on sports is a little strange I would say.

Nita
I agree. Ymmud123 was pretty much saying that nobody should have a hobby or a pastime because there are problems in our country. I was an absolutely ridiculous statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 09:14 PM

77 posts, read 238,715 times
Quote:
there is a difference in being adicted and what he said. You don't have to be a sprots fan, but to say there are too many things in our country to worry about so we shouldn't waste our time on sports is a little strange I would say.

Nita
Well what I am sure he was saying, at least this is my impression, is there are many hobbies and even more paths to self improvement. An obsession with the physical achievements of complete strangers (Despite how fans refer to a team as "we," fans really give themselves to much credit) is a rather bizarre use of time.

But this is a behavior that is not limited to the south by any means, the only geographical difference is the proportion of the population dedicated to the physical ability to strangers is much higher in the south and spans economical class. While in other locations it is a smaller percentage of population and usually the lower class bracket. Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Chickrae; 10-13-2009 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 10-12-2009, 09:43 PM

529 posts, read 1,650,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Oh come on. There are few things more exciting that college football gameday. The thousands of fans, the cheerleaders, the band playing, hot dogs and popcorn—what a great way to spend a fall Saturday afternoon. You should give it a try sometime. If you attended just one Hawgs game I’ll bet you’d be hooked for life as a fan.
That may be the case for you but I find no interest in it. No one has ever changed my mind so don't expect to be the first. Maybe if I could drink while watching the game I might go watch but you can't so meh. I do go to Hog basketball games though. Basketball is a much more exciting sport to me than football. If the U of A had a hockey team I'd go watch that too.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Nita
Not entirely. I'd say people put a little too much time and energy into sports but I think that's a bit off topic and would need a separate thread. I just know that I've met several people that can quote stats of every single Razorback football player since 1980 but these same people can't hold a job or stay married. I can't help but think how better off they'd be if they would apply half the energy they put into keeping up with the Hogs into improving their life.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:22 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,357,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelw View Post
If the U of A had a hockey team I'd go watch that too.
You are in luck my friend.

The Official Home of the Arkansas Razorback Hockey Team

Old 10-13-2009, 06:26 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,077 times
The OP is talking about the outcome of the game. It's not a discussion on whether you like sports or not and what type of people watch the sports.

So...back to topic. Happy posting

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:26 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,528,870 times
Reality should set back in for Razorback fans this Saturday.

Now that Frank is gone, can the Hogs stop scheduling teams like Eastern Michigan and finally start an in-state rivalry with ASU?

Old 10-13-2009, 07:41 AM

163 posts, read 616,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
The OP is talking about the outcome of the game. It's not a discussion on whether you like sports or not and what type of people watch the sports.
So will be ever so kind and post all the extra rules (besides the TOS) that posters that need to abide by in the Arkansas forum and what you deem 'off-topic'. If for example, a person was to post that they were in Fayetteville on game day and enjoyed the atmosphere but did not go to the game as they have no interest in sports: then you would deem it 'off-topic' and probably either delete or edit the post.

What type of people who watch sports and whether or not you like sports is a natural progression of a conversation about sports itself. You should place a sticky on what you deem to be on-topic 'in your opinion', so we can stop having non-offensive posts deleted and edited, which is censorship.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Reality should set back in for Razorback fans this Saturday.

Now that Frank is gone, can the Hogs stop scheduling teams like Eastern Michigan and finally start an in-state rivalry with ASU?
No one expects them to do all that well this weekend. If it is even close we will be happy. No one says they are up to defeating teams like Florida, but we still can live with knowing we beat Auburn. In fact it was more than just beating them.

Nita

Old 10-13-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
Woah! How did I miss this? Where are the games held? I can't find it on their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers