Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 10:32 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
And your point is...?
My point is enjoying that wonderful ribbon of highway which is America, may it be the Cadillacs buried in the ground outside Amarillo on the way to New Mexico on Interstate 40, the natural beauty of the Red Rock formations near Moab, Utah, cruising the byways of Route 1 in California in the mist of Big Sur winding your way to a drunken night in San Fran. The next thing you know your waking up at the Devil's Elbow Inn on Route 66 on your way down to Joplin, Missouri. heading south toward the wondrous Ozarks of Arkansas. Crossing from Missouri to Arkansas in those beautiful hills in Bella Vista you stop to grab a Coke and a ham sandwich with mayonaisse. All of sudden, BAM!!!!?????! Handcuffed while spreading mayonaisse on my ham sandwich in that danged Arkansas Welcome Station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 05:51 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,401,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I've never, ever understood how anyone could get feel compelled to get their freak on in a public restroom. Straight or gay, that's disgusting.

I agree with you... It's not the most sanitary place to get your freak on.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:29 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
You are missing the point. What is driven underground is the men's same sex behavior. Because of societal persecutions against GLBT person's, many feel they have to live in the closet for fear of being fired, assaulted etc.
Then why do they persist in "getting together" in public places?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:33 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Then why do they persist in "getting together" in public places?
This is one of those issues that is not very high on my concerns list. This incident ranks up there with rather large people in small bikinis at the beach, neither of which do I want to see, but I can't help but post when some of the posts just make you say WHAT?

Who is They? They, meaning gay people? Meaning all gay people "get together" in public places? That is a little stereotypical isn't it?

Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
You must be kidding, that place looks tame. Gosh, you go over the border into MO it is wonderfully ruraL. I think those guys got lost and was looking for Eureka Springs>
Debbie, believe it or not, I have been told it is a hangout for such activity. Of course, saying that and yes, knowing we are on the border of rural MO you aren't going to see it as a daily occurance, but when it does happen, that is the location they choose. Maybe they are on their way to the Springs and just needed to find a meeting place...again, it is not a daily playground (pardon the pun)

According to hubby (no he isn't gay) the few times he has been approached it was at rest stops. The first time he was a teen ager with the football team on his way to a game in a desert town in CA. (that was before cars were invented I think)

Maybe these guys pick such places because it isn't the likely place to expect to find them.
Nita

Old 12-18-2009, 12:02 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,313,568 times
It's sad and unfortunate that married evangelicals so often have to resort to 'bathroom' type activity because they can no longer control their impulses. If these folks had been nurtured by their families, loved and accepted for who they are--rather than who their families and churches wanted them to be--then there would be far fewer 'bathroom' type activities.

The fact that gay men are forced to stay in a closet and lead pretend lives as husbands and fathers is a sad indictment of right-wing Christianity.

And, again, I suspect that the loudest anti-gay folks are indeed self-hating gays themselves. Projecting. The hateful bigots among you need to go down to your local community college, take a basic psychology class (a little schoolin' ain't never killed nobody), and learn the meaning of the word. Then you can admit how much you wish you had been in that bathroom.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:19 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post
It's sad and unfortunate that married evangelicals so often have to resort to 'bathroom' type activity because they can no longer control their impulses. If these folks had been nurtured by their families, loved and accepted for who they are--rather than who their families and churches wanted them to be--then there would be far fewer 'bathroom' type activities.

The fact that gay men are forced to stay in a closet and lead pretend lives as husbands and fathers is a sad indictment of right-wing Christianity.

And, again, I suspect that the loudest anti-gay folks are indeed self-hating gays themselves. Projecting. The hateful bigots among you need to go down to your local community college, take a basic psychology class (a little schoolin' ain't never killed nobody), and learn the meaning of the word. Then you can admit how much you wish you had been in that bathroom.
Guess what, to some degree, for probably the first time, I agree with you.

Nita

Old 12-18-2009, 01:27 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,517,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post

Well stated!

Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,358,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
All of sudden, BAM!!!!?????! Handcuffed while spreading mayonaisse on my ham sandwich in that danged Arkansas Welcome Station.
Call it what you will; it is still disgusting.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:42 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
Call it what you will; it is still disgusting.
Did it ever occur to you that heterosexual couples making out in public, groping and blatantly displaying their sexuality could be disgusting to gays and lesbians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers