Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Does anyone know if any of NRPI (the Erik Estrada outfit) investors have moved or built houses in Bella Vista? I understand at least a couple thousand people from all over the country bought land in the last five years. I understand a lot of Cooper lot buyers from the 1970's and 80's moved to Bella Vista years after investing in a lot.
Many of the people here did buy land and didn't build on it for 5, 10 or 20 years after they bought it. In fact our neighbors did exactly that. They bought the lot maybe in the 70s or 80s and built in the mid 90s.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 10:17 PM

76 posts, read 174,038 times
Thank you all for continuing to post! What amazes me is how kind all of you are in your responses. Thank you for being honest and sincere. We cannot wait to visit, drive the areas and decide where to live.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athomemom View Post
Thank you all for continuing to post! What amazes me is how kind all of you are in your responses. Thank you for being honest and sincere. We cannot wait to visit, drive the areas and decide where to live.
Good luck and keep us posted. Whatever you decide should work as the entire area has a lot to offer.

Nita

Old 06-09-2010, 11:21 PM

99 posts, read 301,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athomemom View Post
Hah! I realize I am certainly not the kindest of heart but thank you. Just trying to help. Sugar-coating was never my forte nor my interest. Nita is probably the most eloquent and kindest of heart and she's not even from Arkansas

Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 PM

99 posts, read 301,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Many of the people here did buy land and didn't build on it for 5, 10 or 20 years after they bought it. In fact our neighbors did exactly that. They bought the lot maybe in the 70s or 80s and built in the mid 90s.

Nita
They should have sold some of it and made millions. There were a lot of farms around me that transformed into neighborhoods or commercial developments and the farmers got away with about $50-100k per acre (prime location indeed). It's the best retirement plan out there!

Old 06-25-2010, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,306 times
Dear Athomemom,

Our family relocated to Northwest Arkansas from Dallas 7 years ago. My husband and I have a now 9 year old and like you wanted live within the Bentonville School District boundaries. After looking at countless number of homes and areas in Bentonville and Bella Vista, we decided on the Bella Vista area. We love it! Our family has access to lakes, swimming pools, golf and enjoy the fun family atmosphere that Bella Vista provides! I cannot imagine living anywhere else in Northwest Arkansas; however, I am certain that the other areas are just as great. We happen to love abundance of trees land in Bella Vista. Hope your family enjoys NWA as much as we do - it is now officially our "home"!

Old 06-26-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarafromDallas View Post
Dear Athomemom,

Our family relocated to Northwest Arkansas from Dallas 7 years ago. My husband and I have a now 9 year old and like you wanted live within the Bentonville School District boundaries. After looking at countless number of homes and areas in Bentonville and Bella Vista, we decided on the Bella Vista area. We love it! Our family has access to lakes, swimming pools, golf and enjoy the fun family atmosphere that Bella Vista provides! I cannot imagine living anywhere else in Northwest Arkansas; however, I am certain that the other areas are just as great. We happen to love abundance of trees land in Bella Vista. Hope your family enjoys NWA as much as we do - it is now officially our "home"!
Nice to hear this from someone with children. I was thinking, while shopping at Aleens a couple days ago, there were as many, if not more kids in the store than senior citizens. That was the first time I noticed so many young people. Since we moved here, every time we ship I see more and more families. It is a wonderful feeling.

Nita

Old 06-27-2010, 12:20 PM

76 posts, read 174,038 times
Thank you LarafromDallas! We plan to drive both areas and look at as many homes as we can when we visit. We will let everyone know how it goes! Nita, I think a balance of seniors and young children makes for a wonderful community! Thank you for sharing!

Old 07-12-2010, 01:35 PM

3 posts, read 5,367 times
Default easy to make new friends

When we moved here, I was looking for a community where I would find it easier to meet people. I have found that living in Shadow Valley, in Rogers, AR (Bentonville schools) really helped me make those connections. Since many of the people in this area are transplants they quickly reach out to newcommers and make you feel welcome. If you haven't already moved, best of luck to you.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.morton4huskers View Post
When we moved here, I was looking for a community where I would find it easier to meet people. I have found that living in Shadow Valley, in Rogers, AR (Bentonville schools) really helped me make those connections. Since many of the people in this area are transplants they quickly reach out to newcommers and make you feel welcome. If you haven't already moved, best of luck to you.
this is one of the features of living in most of NWA, so many are transplants that it is easy to meet other people. We have been in BV a little less than the time you have been in Rogers, we find the same thing. We had no problems making friends or getting involved in the community..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers