U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2014, 08:55 AM

2,224 posts, read 2,408,928 times

Advertisements

We had a thread about Gaudi but I can't seem to bring it up in Search. Last night, I saw a picture of a very different dressing table. He did others also but this is the best picture I could find. Look at the legs! All tangled up.

Dressing table. 1886. Antoni Gaudi. Asymmetry in the ... | Compositi
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 09:04 AM

4,797 posts, read 4,041,474 times
Here are some additional pieces.

Casa Batlló Double Bench | Casa Batlló | Antoni Gaudí Modernist Museum in Barcelona

This link provides several pieces, just click next
Gaudí Experičncia

Batllo Bench by Antoni Gaudi - Chair Blog

Old 01-18-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post

At first you want to say the legs are terribly spindly for so heavy a desk. But they aren't. I mean they don't even look too small. Somehow it all balances despite the difference.

I like the Avinguda Diagonal. Almost expect it to be a bridge. Maybe because there are two ways to look at it.

The Batllo Bench is nice if you want to enjoy the park without acknowledging your neighbor. :-)

He certainly had a magnificently broad range of creative ideas, didn't he? Something to suit everyone's tastes. His work grows on you.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:23 AM

4,797 posts, read 4,041,474 times
The desk is so odd and quirky, but after looking at for a bit - it grows on you (well at least me).
(made an error by posting the bench twice).

Old 01-18-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
The desk is so odd and quirky, but after looking at for a bit - it grows on you (well at least me).
(made an error by posting the bench twice).
I think all of his work - architecture, furniture , whatever, grows on you. At first it just turned me off. But the more I look at it the more interesting it becomes. It talks to me. I like art that talks to me - something I never was able to get across to a sales person who was helping me find pictures for my walls.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:01 PM

2,828 posts, read 3,705,891 times
I love art that makes me laugh, and then appreciate it. How he got any of those approved to be built is a wonder to me. He must have had an overwhelming personality able to sway most people to accomplish those buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts