Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2018, 04:18 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times

Advertisements

Actually, what my brother said was there would be a happy boy scout troop because of all the tents I have, but given how BSA is in the news these days, the focus went elsewhere.

I have been putting an effort into getting some of my art work up this week (frame sales going on) and this evening, I untubed stuff that probably hasn't seen the sun since the 80s, like this one:
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/2e/36/7...65f84e18a2.jpg

Most of my ballet stuff has always been on my walls (don't know how that one missed being out) and it has been a collection of Harvey Edwards, David Hamilton, other artists, a series (probably incomplete) of ballet themed (and lace, carousel horses, "Alice in Wonderland" style (in the flick "Chiller" from 1985, hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IH6AU6sJAU at 48:03 one of that series can be seen over "Stacey's" shoulder)) from the 80s, and the like. None signed and some have been trimmed so they aren't of great value, probably, but just stuff I picked up in the 80s, some in other decades, during the ballet post craze.

Then there are others that have been years in the tubes such as a Bess Motta Coppertone or a Christi Brinkley. Hardly art especially in the former but there is what wall art means to us and I'm probably not the only one who values a certain decade intensely for memories.

AND THEN, there are those that make us wonder how did we get them or what were we thinking when we bought them or is there a future in keeping them? Such as "A Winning Pair" which has a blonde big busted woman in a Ferrari. I don't know how or when that became part of my collection, maybe it was a teasing joke, but according to Ebay, someone thinks it is worth $82.....but then again, they also thought it was worth $103 before they dropped the price.

The thing is, what do we do with all our old wall art work, especially that which no longer has a place on our walls because it has no place in our hearts?

Trash it? Well, no, because as this one from my childhood shows (Kate Jackson in the Charlie's Angels fame), hxxps://www.ebay.ca/itm/KATE-JACKSON-VINTAGE-POSTER-CHARLIES-ANGELS-1977-PRO-ARTS-14-514/142690400131?hash=item213902b783:g:HRMAAOSwjyhaB2A Z , it is worth something to someone (or at least they think it is worth it). It is probably sitting around in some tube....assuming the silverfish haven't done it in.

Sell it now? Sell it at the time of some financial crisis? Frame it and store it like that? Put it back in the tube and let the next person who comes across it deal with it (like all the photographs of previous generations of my family that seem to have ended up at my place)?

So what do we do with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts