Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:43 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,114,518 times

Advertisements

I didn't either, that is until I unpacked them all, and put them all on shelves or into drawers.

Some of it will clearly go bad before I get to them...so off with their heads, I said, and off then go to some other artist.

Only one jar went bad, but I could see more going as weather conditions change.

Oh, the joys of collecting, the folly of my big eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
LOL I can't POSSIBLY imagine having too many supplies!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 09:38 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,233,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I finally have all my supplies together, too, after nearly two years. I actually had an open house to sell some supplies last weekend and will do it again come Spring. I found whilst moving around I restocked supplies and now have too many. Can you imagine too many supplies?
It's a space thing isn't it? Well it is for me. And of course financial. If I won the lottery I'd take a truck to the supply shop!

Quote:
Awww...not my preferred type of painting. In fact, I'm so sloppy with that wall and trim type stuff that the wife normally handles most of that.
I'm probably not being accurate enough for my boyfriend, but it's white gloss and white walls so hey, who's goign to notice if I go a bit over the line? It's so boring it drives me insane.

Quote:
Converting B&W to color!?!?! That does sound kinda scary. However...think about the liberation of it! You aren't a slave to a camera's perception of color anymore! That's something I struggle with when I work from pictures. I'm an engineer by day so I tend to be rather persnickity when it comes to trying to "match" things. I have to constantly battle against that tendency. Sometimes I'll even put the go-by away and stop myself from looking at it!
Yeah it's a scary one. I've had it for well over a year and only started it in the last 4 months or so, but every time I put paint on I'm going "that's not right..." I think I like having a colour to aim for, and at the moment it's on my drawing board surrounded with reference photos from books and off the net, but it's proving a lot harder than it was in my head. I think when I've got a photo or a life composition I can deal with going wrong as it's constantly there to push me back in the right direction, but when you're constructing a fictional thing in your head it's so wobbly and ephemeral that it doesn't really work as a stake in the ground to hang off, if you get what I mean. I think I just need to have a little more faith in myself and go for it. I'll post a picture when (if) it's (ever) done.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:39 AM
RH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Oh, the joys of collecting, the folly of my big eyes.
Nicely put, very poetic.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:26 PM

33 posts, read 106,691 times
Hello everyone, I have just wandered out of the city-data forums for the first time, and this thread caught my eye.

I love to draw and paint. I mostly draw/charcoal portraits, and oil paint wildlife/landscapes. I have natural, raw talent. I took art classes in high school, which taught me the basics. I would like to take some art classes, just never seem to find the time...

I like how every artist has their own unique style and blend. I enjoy browsing art galleries, fairs and so forth.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:00 AM
RH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn trails View Post
Hello everyone, I have just wandered out of the city-data forums for the first time, and this thread caught my eye.

I love to draw and paint. I mostly draw/charcoal portraits, and oil paint wildlife/landscapes. I have natural, raw talent. I took art classes in high school, which taught me the basics. I would like to take some art classes, just never seem to find the time...

I like how every artist has their own unique style and blend. I enjoy browsing art galleries, fairs and so forth.
Hiya, nice to see you here! There are certainly quite a few different styles here. Have you got any of your work on the net? Love to see pictures if you'd like to post any.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:32 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,350,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn trails View Post

Isn't it neat to wander out of the state forums to find all of this? The first time I wandered out was last summer, and I was taken to Other Topics by way of North Carolina forum. A thread was moved and I found myself in a place that.....

I had no idea existed! OMG!

Welcome to the other side! LOL

Old 03-17-2008, 12:54 PM

Well, here you go...my humble effort.Attachment 16417

Attachment 16418

Attachment 16419

Last edited by autumn trails; 03-25-2008 at 08:16 PM..

Old 03-17-2008, 01:13 PM

Attachment 16420

Attachment 16421

Attachment 16422

Last edited by autumn trails; 03-25-2008 at 08:16 PM..

Old 03-17-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Isn't it neat to wander out of the state forums to find all of this? The first time I wandered out was last summer, and I was taken to Other Topics by way of North Carolina forum. A thread was moved and I found myself in a place that.....

I had no idea existed! OMG!

Welcome to the other side! LOL
Yeah, there is a lot here to take in. Informative and entertaining.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:39 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,659,312 times
Hey Autumn trails! I think you have some talent there. I think you should take some classes if its something that you enjoy doing. I wish I could draw!
I think it would be a very relaxing hobbie. Go girl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts