Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2008, 06:46 PM

29 posts, read 166,814 times

Advertisements

I have 6 x 6 ceramic earth color off-white ceramic tile in my small galley kitchen and two bathrooms. This tile was installed not long ago, when I had the place rented out. I got it for functionality with the tenants.

Now, however, for the next few years anyway I am living in this place, which is a 1050 square foot townhouse. The townhouse is a big rectangle. As you enter it, the living room/dinette/kitchen are generally on the right side of the rectangle, and the two bedrooms and hallway are on the left side. Straight ahead out the French doors is a tiny patio.

I want to replace the carpet in the living room, hallway, and two bedrooms AND I want to put tile on my tiny patio which is visible through the living room French doors.

Since the exisiting tile is in good condition, and functional for the kitchen and baths, I am trying to figure out what to replace the carpet with....and be on a budget at the same time but have it look kind of "arty" still.

idea 1-put the same 6x6 ceramic tile that is in the kitchen and baths throughout the whole place and throw white area rugs over it. Put an earth-colored red/orange area rug under the piano. (By the way-I am going to place heating under the tiles under the piano as it gets cold in winter)

idea 2- put ivory travertine throughout and sprinkle a few orangy/red/sunrise travertines in for fun and only put a white area rug in front of the brown leather couch

idea 3- put sunrise travertines throughout and throw white area rugs around-one in the hallway, and two in the living room, which would be one in front of the couch, and one under the grand piano.(the ones mentioned above-the store calls them "sunrise" and they are the orangy/red as in idea 2)

I am not very good at decorating so I hope someone who knows about this stuff can tell me what to do.

Also-if I do the travertine and keep the kitchen & bath tiles, what size travertine should I get?

Am I totalled screwed to make it look like anything and keep the kitchen and bath tiles? You can't see the kitchen when you enter the place, and you also can't see the bathrooms.

I know there are people out there who actually enjoy this stuff, so I hope you can help me.

Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 07:41 PM

24,310 posts, read 25,820,154 times
Might want to ask your question in the House forum here:

House Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts