U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 05:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,210 times

Advertisements

I have been an avid latin american art collector for many years now. In the past few years I have focused mainly in Cuban Art, from their vanguard in the 40's to the emerging talents in exile or inside Cuba.

I was fortunate enough to purchase a large piece by an emerging Cuban artist named Enrique Sendra. The reason I consider myself lucky, is because in this case as in many others I have had the opportunity of purchasing the work before this artist's work to an auction house (i.e. Sotheby's, Christie's) therefore I am quite pleased with this specific lattest acquisition.

I would like to exchange feedback with any other collectors who have had any experiences purchasing Cuban art, specially directly from the artists.

Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 03:48 PM

5 posts, read 9,425 times
Default Cuban Art Collection

I have a decent collection of Cuban Art in one of my West Palm Beach properties. There's an establish artist named KCHO from whom I bought a huge painting in 2002. We met in his Havana mansion/studio. I was tempted by his sculptures and installations but ended up with a painting since it was a lot easier to bring to the United States.

After looking up the cuban artist you mentioned in your post. I found him online and went to his page Artwork (http://enriquesendra.art.officelive.com/default.aspx - broken link). His art was very enjoyable and I would like to see more of him.

Are you sure his work has not being auctioned yet?

Because if it hasn't then probably soon will be.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,002 times
He is great, his work have been auctioned already.....i have 5 of his works, i also collect, buy and sell cuban art.......kcho's works i like them a lot...HIS HIGHEST AUCTION ON A PAINTING IS $27,750.00 AND THAT WAS LAST YEAR I THINK...

Old 04-23-2010, 01:09 PM

5 posts, read 9,425 times
I certainly wish I had that many paintings by Enrique Sendra, not only his artwork is very good, but they aren't cheap either, even though the price range isn't quite like Kcho and of course that makes it a lot more affordable, however I believe he's an emerging cuban artist with a very promising future ahead of him.

I received an invitation to his lattest solo exhibition "Ialtus" which opened on April 3rd and turns out to be the most important show he's done so far since he reveals more about the man on stilts and all the mistery around it, he introduced me the night of the opening to the show's curator who I believe did a wonderful job. Its in miami, here are the links for both his website and the gallery's as well:

http://enriquesendra.art.officelive.com/Events.aspx (broken link)

GALLERY / STUDIO | Area Stage Company (http://teatroareastage.com/gallery - broken link)

Anyway it was such an experience to be able to interact with the artist that night and get first hand his own expination about his work, he was very kind to talk to us and answer all our questions patiently not very common in artists these days, but well we're talking about a happy young man here, I certainly hope to continue seeing more work by this cuban artist Enrique Sendra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts