Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 08:12 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,854,114 times

Advertisements

My big baby "bertha"
riparium, mostly silk under water, I had to remove the hairgrass (silly barbs) but it is running a live anubias nanna, some water wisteria and some Anacharis under the water line.
above the water line (bare root in tank) are 2 peace lilly, A nephytis and a metric tone of golden pothos.
running day night and above tank lighting, (all on timers). (above tank light is full spectrum)
this tank is going to be my semi aggressive tank and is currently home to 5 tiger barbs, a neon blue dwarf gourami (he was pulled form my 10 because the platies were beating him up...yet the tigers don't bother him at all lol), 6 rosey barbs, a couple of peppered cory and a rubber lip pleco.
this is the tank I was having major nitrate issues with...
about 50 million 50% water changes later...lots of live plants added above and below...and frustration I seem to have it under control and running healthily now :P

10G
my 10 gallon riparium.
this tank is a livebarer tank now, home of 3 sunset and 3 golden mikey mouse platies...the gourami had to be moved when the platies started beating the snot out of him :/
the hairgrass was also taken out as the platies decided it needed to be pulled and just kept letting it clog up the filter...
running this tank with 2 wendetii crypts, and an anubias nanna.
above the water line is marbled pothos, golden pothos, some kind of ivy, a phaleanopsis orchid whos JUST starting to drop its flowers :/ its LOVING this setup, its been in flower since December!) and not in this picture a reacently added peace lily (saphilliums seem to realy love these riparium setups.)
this one has a full spectrum grow light too
running a small filter but the roots of the above water level plants are doing most of the work.

The Newest edition "ZEN"
other than the silk cherry blossoms in the back this tank is all live, id consider it my first attempt at actually aquascaping with live plants inteads of just adding some for filtration needs

5.5 gallon running a hob and led lights, heat, sand and pearl/gravel substrate.
shes technically a riparium
under waterline, 6 small Water wisteria, a metric tone of hairgrass (rescued form my landscape designing platies in the 10 gal and the barb in he 55 lol) some helferi and a wendetii crypt, Dual, 3 pieces of "lucky bamboo" and above 1 Philadendron bare root, species unknown (silver speckled leaves)
this is a brand new tank home to "Frankie" my new Dumbo Half Moon Betta.
im thinking of adding either a trio of cory or some shrimp to this tank eventually, but not sure yet. gotta give it time to get settled in

im also running 2 2.5 gallon betta tanks, both low teck systems (bowls with live hairgrass and lucky bamboo and peace lilly need to get new pics of them.

total gallons in my 150sqft space 75.5

sooooo...
les see your babies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 12:16 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,813,910 times
Pretty tanks, Foxy!

Old 02-13-2015, 07:08 PM

Here's my 40 gal:

[/URL[/IMG]

Old 02-14-2015, 06:12 PM

love your mermaid Pug!!!
beautiful!
I love naturalistic tanks like that, absolutely lovely!

Old 02-14-2015, 06:30 PM

Natural-istic, yes. The plants are all fake. Thanks on the Mermaid, she was an obsession before I set up this tank...she's resin, bought her on Amazon.

Your kind words are appreciated!

Old 02-15-2015, 05:46 PM

for fake plants they look very natural
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish