U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 04:29 PM

7 posts, read 4,966 times

Advertisements

I want ask can I use sea water ((Mediterranean sea )) in new saltwater aquarium ?? if ok , is there any condition to use sea water ??? like deep ,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 04:35 PM

7,316 posts, read 4,157,689 times
You risk introducing parasites and other contaminants when you add natural seawater to a saltwater tank. Unless you're only going to be keeping saltwater fish native to the area, I'd play it safe and stick with artificial seawater.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:00 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,305,131 times
You not only need to use artificial saltwater but have what are basically salt meters to make sure it stays at acceptable levels. The ocean is very different than a closed system tank where evaporation and regular water changes will affect the water chemistry regularly.

Saltwater fish are pretty sensitive to conditions.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:09 PM

7 posts, read 4,966 times
Thanks my friend, I know there is different between open sea and close community. But i think to take sea water from sea, far from beach and good deep and put it in aquarium and make all Equipments work to make bactria in filter and on surface things and after week or 10 Days add fish ((of course will make test to water before use it like salinity level, ph, ammonia, nitrite))

Old 12-05-2016, 12:14 PM

539 posts, read 341,210 times
No. That's how fish die. You've got three no's. Don't be an animal killer, use safe water. If you've never had a salt tank before, please do your research. Go to a GOOD reputable fish store. Ask questions and listen to what is said. Salt water fish are completely different from fresh water, or better yet, pond fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish