Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 01:21 PM

6 posts, read 25,733 times

Advertisements

hello all,

I'm french (not to far from Paris where I work at ths time)and recently re- married with an american and after tourism we plan to come here to live in the indien reservation at tuba City, Kayenta, or Chinle.
There is not thing to see with France I know but I'm in overdosed of mad, agressive and mean people, rain 200 d/y 4 hours mini go and back to work.

Lot of blah blah on the Frenchs, some are true some are false anyway I want to relocated to this towns.

So I need to know a little bit more before doing such big jump (Jobs few I suppose) style of life,

if someone has 2 min to waste I'm all with him !

Thx in advance

Ollie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2006, 10:20 PM

73 posts, read 443,025 times
There is nothing there. I mean nothing. Its in the middle of nowhere. Its on the reservation so i think if your not native american you can not live there. Jobs probably nothing unless you want to work in a service job. THere better place to live in the US. You have whole USA to choose from why tube city.
Prescott and sedona are great places to live in arizona.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:54 PM

212 posts, read 790,285 times
OK, I didn't want to be rude, but I echo mcbadhair's question, why Tuba city? Really, there is NOTHING there. I can respect the need for change, but don't cut yourself off from civilization. I've been to both places and I can't think of two cities that are more oppisite.
LORI

Old 09-10-2006, 03:58 PM

214 posts, read 1,308,929 times
Am I reading this right?
You want to come live in Tuba City? From France.

More power to you my friend.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:00 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,459,642 times
Qu'est-ce que c'est? Tuba City? Quelle horreur!

Old 09-12-2006, 02:54 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,280,936 times
Unless you are Navajo, why in the heck would you ever want to live in Tuba City?

Old 09-12-2006, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 5,972 times
Ollie, I live in Tuba City, AZ. It is a quiet place to live where you can go out and see the stars at night. You can go out and smell the fresh air. There is no pollution. It is a slower pace where you have no traffic jam. You can drive to Grand Canyon, Page, or Flagstaff. It is all within 1 1/2 hour to these places. Mounment Valley is 70 miles away. So, if you want to get away from the hustle of the city life, you can live in TC, as we call it. It is not all that bad. You also live on the rez where there are many solitary places to see. There are modern conveniences of every day life. There are jobs here. It depends on what you want.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:05 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,137,850 times
Default are you joking Ollie?

Ollie
you must be joking, right? unless you live in Departmente 93 (Seine Saint Denis) with cars and buildings being torched right and left, I don't think you will find an Indian Reservation in the hot desert very refreshing.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 5,968 times
At age 61 living in metro Detroit and having lived in Bay Area and NYC and a lover of France, I may go for a Tuba City for the pleasure of living where few others do!

Old 09-12-2006, 06:24 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,137,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful52 View Post
At age 61 living in metro Detroit and having lived in Bay Area and NYC and a lover of France, I may go for a Tuba City for the pleasure of living where few others do!
Wonderful52
maybe Ollie is actually onto something......a whole new and untapped real estate market.

Ollie, I don't think you are going to find very many Navajos who speak French and they could have a very difficult time trying to understand you.
since you seem to be interested in desert, rocky formations, wasteland and mountains, have you thought about relocating to Algeria? they speak French there too since it was a former French colony.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 09-12-2006 at 07:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona