Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 04:12 PM

43 posts, read 165,221 times

Advertisements

Hello All, I am sorry to begin a new post as there are other threads with little info on Page, but most of those posts are nearly two years old, so I thought I'd give it a shot and do a new post at the urging of another poster on here

I am relocating from So. Cal to Page for my Job and would like to know the ins and outs of Page. I have been calling like crazy trying to get a line on housing and nothing is available via the internet or through the Chamber of Commerce.

I will be staying in a Motel until I move the rest of my family out and it appears I will have to do my homework while I'm there, but if any of you have any advice it would certainly be appreciated

Everyone have a beautiful day thank you much!

Airflores
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 05:25 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airflores View Post
I am relocating from So. Cal to Page for my Job and would like to know the ins and outs of Page.
You've certainly relocated a lot in the past the past few weeks.

Quote:
Hello Columbia,

I will be your new neighbor very soon, and I was wondering if y'all could help out with some suggestions. I am a Commercial Pilot that needs to be near CAE (COLUMBIA, SC) and I will be away often flying, and I have my wife and three kids, 11, 13, 14...(three are grown up and gone, lol) Anyhow, I live in a very quiet neighborhood here in Irvine, CA. and I would like to know if there is somewhere everyone recommends.
Quote:
Hello All,

I am relocating from Southern Cali to Wayne's County and need to be within 20 minutes from Kidron and I am unable to find House Rentals or Apts.
Quote:
Hello Janelles,

I read your response to a Sailor relocating to HNL and I have the opportunity as well because of a job offer to an Airline on the Island. Since you are not "Ethically" able to steer people from or away neighborhoods, could point out the neighborhoods to stay away from? I have my family and my wife and I have three kids, boy 14, girl 13, and younger boy 11. I want to know of an area where we won't be in harms way and where my wife can get to work, she is a Medical Assistant and I need to be within 20-30 minutes of HNL.

Any helpful advice is surely appreciated

Old 05-02-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You've certainly relocated a lot in the past the past few weeks.

Haha, it's been crazy not knowing where I was to go, however now that I got a for sure place where I'm going I am 100% going to Page.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Ok, was just wondering.

So have you ever been to Page? It's a tiny tourist town catering to water sports on Lake Powell, as well as a few other scenic attractions such as the slot canyons. Personally, I like the town. However, it's very small, isolated, and I'd be worried that the school situation there for your kids may be not be optimal. It may be challenging for your family.

I spent a couple of days there last summer taking photographs. Here are a few.

Horseshoe Bend

Glen Canyon Dam

Slot Canyons

Old 05-02-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Ok, was just wondering.

So have you ever been to Page? It's a tiny tourist town catering to water sports on Lake Powell, as well as a few other scenic attractions such as the slot canyons. Personally, I like the town. However, it's very small, isolated, and I'd be worried that the school situation there for your kids may be not be optimal. It may be challenging for your family.

I spent a couple of days there last summer taking photographs. Here are a few.

Horseshoe Bend

Glen Canyon Dam

Slot Canyons

WHOA!!! Those pics are breath taking!! Thanks for the look-see

I'm not worried at all on Page being small or touristy, I am very excited I get to be somewhere that's extremely slow, I'm so tired of the So. Cal area and the fast lane stuff, super burned out here to be perfectly honest. I've lived out of State before and it was amazing, but that's the nature of the beast with my career, it leads me where (IT) wants to, lol...

I'm originally from the Imperial Valley, El Centro & Calexico, population used to be around 20-30K and is now booming, but it's in the blood

Are you in Page or near there?

Old 05-02-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I'm originally from the Imperial Valley, El Centro & Calexico, population used to be around 20-30K and is now booming, but it's in the blood

Are you in Page or near there?
Ah. Then you know exactly what you're getting into.

I'm in Kingman, AZ. It's a small town in northwestern AZ, and a good four hours from Page. I do wish it was closer. But like I say, nothing is close to page.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Ah. Then you know exactly what you're getting into.

I'm in Kingman, AZ. It's a small town in northwestern AZ, and a good four hours from Page. I do wish it was closer. But like I say, nothing is close to page.
Right on! I'm familiar with Kingman... I used to fly into Bullhead with passengers all the time and just wander aimlessly all over Laughlin until it was time to go home. I have one of my cousins who is the head of BLM at the Grand Canyon and will be over an hour drive from him, then more family in PHX...I am excited to get to the silence and distance from the big city!

What Cell service do you recommend for Page?

BTW: I saw a post of yours on the Four Corners thread and saw your bike, awesome!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:30 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,830 times
I don't mean to interfere with this thread, especially when I know nothing about Page. I just wanted to compliment kdog on those photos, those are outstanding. You could be a professional photographer if you wanted to.

And good luck on your move airflores.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I don't mean to interfere with this thread, especially when I know nothing about Page. I just wanted to compliment kdog on those photos, those are outstanding. You could be a professional photographer if you wanted to.

And good luck on your move airflores.
Thank you J760! I am looking forward to the move and now that I know for sure where I am going I am so bloody relieved, lol

I had posted to three different City threads and I knew I would be moving there, but Page is the final stop for me, hehe...4th times a charm.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:

What Cell service do you recommend for Page?

BTW: I saw a post of yours on the Four Corners thread and saw your bike, awesome!!!
Thanks to you and J760 for the picture kudos.

Not sure on the best cell service. I have Verizon, which has been rated best national coverage in the past. I don't recall having any problems with the service there, but I didn't make a lot of calls.

Good luck with your move and pleased keep us apprised on progress. It would be nice to actually get feedback from somebody who's relocated to Page, unlike most people who simply abandon their thread never to be heard from again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona