Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 9,292 times

Advertisements

I just received a job at Bearizona Wildlife Park and am trying to find a good place to live...I'm coming up pretty empty handed in Williams...does anyone know of any open places? I'm looking for a 1 BR/Studio that will allow my 65 lb Labrador (he doesn't bark and is very well behaved).

I really would like to stay closer to Williams so that my winter commute wont be a nightmare...but am willing to look in Flagstaff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 AM

509 posts, read 1,697,582 times
i do not live in Williams so i can't advise you on what you need . i do have a suggestion for you . since Bearizona offered you a job chances are that the manager of that place is a local and might help you out . worth a try as the commute from Flag can be a killer at times .

Old 04-29-2012, 11:53 PM

7 posts, read 27,711 times
In Flagstaff there are several open places in Soliere Avenue and more Apts around the NAU area that accept dogs.

Now it's an expensive town with no jobs whatsoever, with lots of Natives some Hispanics and retired couples (in a non discriminating way) and of course the Uni which ONLY makes this town on life support. If you love the green, environmentalist atmosphere with a leftist view driving Subaru Outbacks and stickers all over on the bumper and bicycles strapped as your second "vehicle" and you just happen to have a degree in biology then you might like it. For those who read this post in the future, don't come to Flagstaff. Been here for couple years. Terrible? Absolutely not, people are friendly haven't has a single criminal problem but they may some and expect to see the same people around town, small town. Anybody knows where you been, where you live and when you farted. Gore is over-hyped by the way. No, I haven't had a single personal problem nor I'm in a suicidal rant, what I said is what you will hear in general, trying to help out and describe it as best as possible. Snowboarding? Sure, snow here falls not heavily but no occasionally because it melts fast. 75% winter 25% summer so get ready to shovel but not like extreme northeastern states.

Last edited by Kimballette; 04-30-2012 at 05:31 AM..

Old 04-30-2012, 05:24 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,508,330 times
Bellemont?

The way I see it, Bellemont's 10 miles west of Flagstaff, and Williams is 30 miles west of Flagstaff, so its still a drive, but not nearly as bad as commuting from the east side of Flag (this town is ridiculously spread out)

Old 05-02-2012, 08:53 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,997,773 times
Bellemont is something you would have to think long and hard about - it's one of those places that's neither here nor there. Yes, you're closer to Williams, but you're also further from the things you would need to get to in Flagstaff. I don't think they even have a grocery store out there. At least with living in Flagstaff your only commute would be to and from work, and not a 10 mile drive just to get groceries.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:32 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,057,787 times
that little cookie-cutter subdivision in Bellemont only happened because prices got so high in Flag during the big run-up in 2003-2005 that people wanted a cheaper alternative....Bellemont is the (town of) Maricopa of Coconino County....

wonder if we'll hear from the OP again about these suggestions....wonder if the pay at Bearizona will allow her anything at all....

Old 05-04-2012, 11:41 AM

2,557 posts, read 2,216,835 times
Yep, the only thing close to Bellemont is the Pilot truck stop and a National Guard munitions depot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona