Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,710 times

Advertisements

Hi, I live in Phoenix and I am a disabled person who is tried of heat in here. I thought moving in Sedona will be much better and easy for me to relocate myself in a cooler. I live in Section 8 housing and was wondering if Sedona has this program so I can transfer my voucher.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 02:07 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
A Google search seems to indicate that there is not. You might want to contact the City of Sedona Housing Commission. City of Sedona : Housing Commission

Old 08-31-2013, 11:53 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,491 times
I kinda doubt it. Most of Sedona is fairly high end. Cottonwood and Prescott aren't too far way and are usually a few degrees cooler than Sedona.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:37 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,223,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
I kinda doubt it. Most of Sedona is fairly high end. Cottonwood and Prescott aren't too far way and are usually a few degrees cooler than Sedona.
Cottonwood is hotter than Sedona, it all goes by elevation and CW is about 1200 feet lower than Sedona (I have lived in both).

For the OP, if money is tight Sedona is NOT the place for you, everything, especially goceries, are much more expensive in Sedona.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:07 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,083,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Cottonwood is hotter than Sedona, it all goes by elevation and CW is about 1200 feet lower than Sedona (I have lived in both).

For the OP, if money is tight Sedona is NOT the place for you, everything, especially goceries, are much more expensive in Sedona.
Same with Cottonwood. They even have a 3% tax on food. Both towns are >10% sales tax. Prescott is cooler than both and cheaper.

A good friend ran for county supervisor as a Democrat some years back. In preparing for a candidates' forum in Sedona, the local Democratic honchos advised him NOT to mention the problem of affordable housing.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:06 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,223,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparrito View Post
Same with Cottonwood. They even have a 3% tax on food. Both towns are >10% sales tax. Prescott is cooler than both and cheaper.

A good friend ran for county supervisor as a Democrat some years back. In preparing for a candidates' forum in Sedona, the local Democratic honchos advised him NOT to mention the problem of affordable housing.
Cottonwood is much cheaper than Sedona and Prescott is NOT cheaper - where are you getting your info?

Old 09-27-2013, 01:49 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
Yes, I'm sure there is lots of cheap affordable Sect 8 housing surrounding Sen. John McCain's house in Sedona. Probably about the same chance as finding Sect 8 in Beverly Hills, Aspen, or Nob Hill. Sorry. Maybe you could find some kind of caretaking position in the area that would provide a guest house or trailer or something.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:56 AM

45 posts, read 160,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko_sahil View Post
Hi, I live in Phoenix and I am a disabled person who is tried of heat in here. I thought moving in Sedona will be much better and easy for me to relocate myself in a cooler. I live in Section 8 housing and was wondering if Sedona has this program so I can transfer my voucher.
Thanks
Check out and contact the Arizona (state) Housing Department, Section 8 Housing Programs, in Phoenix. Their web site is is found linked to the arizona.gov website

Best wishes. I too hold a Section 8 voucher as a disabled, senior citizen.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:01 PM

537 posts, read 739,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Yes, I'm sure there is lots of cheap affordable Sect 8 housing surrounding Sen. John McCain's house in Sedona. Probably about the same chance as finding Sect 8 in Beverly Hills, Aspen, or Nob Hill. Sorry. Maybe you could find some kind of caretaking position in the area that would provide a guest house or trailer or something.
FYI, Sen. McCain does NOT LIVE IN SEDONA. His Arizona home is in Cornville. A community several miles from Sedona proper. I guess it sounds more glamorous/upscale to say that he lives in Sedona.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:08 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Cottonwood is much cheaper than Sedona and Prescott is NOT cheaper - where are you getting your info?
prescott is cheaper than sedona?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona