U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-01-2008, 09:51 PM

10 posts, read 12,461 times

Advertisements

We're thinking about a move to Flagstaff area in the next few years. We love the small town feel, but I require shopping within 15 minutes. We'd like to have an acre or two to live on. My hubby will graduate from Dental school and probably need a job in town where there are actually people (and teeth).
Is there anything like this around the Flagstaff area?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 6,688 times
Default Looking for Flagstaff

The metro area of Flagstaff has over 200,000, and is probably closer to a quarter of a million people. From what I remember, most of them have all of their teeth! If you are from a large metro area, Flag may seem small, but there should be more than enough people for your husband to survive in his craft. Flagstaff is hardly bereft of people.

Flagstaff is fairly isolated, which means that anyone who lives in North Central Arizona goes there for shopping, services, etc. There's mostly the standard shopping places at the mall and in the western part of the town; the downtown has quite a few little locally owned shops. It doesn't have the major shopping centers that Phoenix would have, but you should be able to survive on what's there.

It is an expensive place to live, though (when compared to the rest of Arizona). An acre or two, with a decent-sized house on it, won't come cheap. However, it's a great place to live. I lived there from 1999-2003, and am hoping to get back there soon, despite the costs. The location can't be beat...you have all four seasons, with winter being the shortest! The temps are also very mild, rarely getting above 90 degrees in the summer, but usually in the 40's for highs in the winters. And sunny most of the year.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:49 AM

19 posts, read 46,901 times
Doney Park is 10 miles North East of town and most lots have 2 acres. But I wouldn't really call it the boonies, it more of a suburb with big yards where everyone has a horse that never get ridden and a 45ft 5th wheel. Otherwise the real boonies are on the road from Willams to the Grand Canyon. Lots of cool houses that are off the grid, but then you are about 35 miles out of town.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:40 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 4,562,328 times
Williams is a nice, little place with a lot of wooded areas to settle but there is a water problem there, so be careful. I do like the town and it's not far by interstate to Flagstaff

Old 07-01-2008, 05:24 PM

2,854 posts, read 3,249,478 times
We lived in the boonies of Flagstaff. "Snowbowl Estates 2". No power, no phone and no all season road. The best view of the peaks bar none but it's out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona