Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 06:09 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,250,399 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of relocating/retiring to Cottonwood this fall, and I will be renting. I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there a lot of cottonwood trees in the area? If not, what are the primary trees in the area?

2. From the news, Clarkdale is undergoing soil sampling. Has anything similar occurred in Cottonwood?

3. What is the average winter snowfall? From what I can determine the snowfall chart here on C-D is very much in error and would like confirmation.

4. Has anyone used the CAT? From the CAT-guide that I downloaded it seems 3 of the 4 routes go past the Walmart. It's hard to tell distances on the guide's map - are the routes within a block of Safeway and Food City? (I have a 2005 Honda Civic, so would like to use more transit to keep my car going for many years.)

5. What are the primary Internet service providers in Cottonwood?

6. A few years ago, VOCA offered Tai Chi classes at the Kiwanis Park. Is that still ongoing? How far is VOC from Cottonwood? Does anyone know of any other Tai Chi classes in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 08:35 PM

455 posts, read 1,499,281 times
I can't answer all the ??s, but I will try the ones I can.
Trees- lots of cottonwoods as well as Mulberry, pine and other green ones.
The soil sampling is because of the smelter that ran nearby in the early part of the 20th century. It is not happening in Cottonwood and I haven't heard of any plans to do so.
Snow fall is light. I've been here 4 winters now, we usually get a dusting once or twice a season. This year, we got 6 inches in one day at my place. It was 90% gone 2 days later.
Don't know about the Tai Chi classes, but VOC is about 30 to 45 min away depending on which way you go. (Through Cornville (shorter) or Sedona.)

Curly

Old 05-23-2015, 07:48 AM

1,399 posts, read 1,250,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly5759 View Post
The soil sampling is because of the smelter that ran nearby in the early part of the 20th century. It is not happening in Cottonwood and I haven't heard of any plans to do so.
When the mills were strong here in the 50's, if the wind was coming from the lake, you could really smell it and see the red in the sky. Since Clarkdale and Jerome are so close, I wondered if there were any issues. Thanks for answering!

Quote:
Snow fall is light. I've been here 4 winters now, we usually get a dusting once or twice a season. This year, we got 6 inches in one day at my place. It was 90% gone 2 days later.
Thanks for the snow fall confirmation. C-D needs to fix its chart here as it shows 12" to 14" inches from January to March.

Thanks for the answers you could provide - much appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona