Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,547 times

Advertisements

hey i'm looking to move to williams with my 5th wheel for a year or two while i work just west and south of there. the problem i'm coming up with is that i want to get a young boxer pup. and if i do i want to put a doggy door on the 5th wheel and make a small pen (maybe 5X7ft) just enough for her to not make a mess inside my home. but the rv parks do not allow any kind of fenced area. is there any way around this?

the only thing i could think of is maybe find a house that has rv hookups and that would let me park in the back yard or something. but even if they do where would i look to find such a thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 04:08 AM

522 posts, read 1,428,226 times
I'm a fulltime RVer, and I understand your dilemma with RV Parks and pets. I have 2 cats, and have travelled throughout the southwest, and stayed in Williams about a year ago.
I'm wondering what you've checked into, as far as RV Parks. I know Williams, being the gateway to the Grand Canyon, was very pricey, and the parks were not the kind I liked. They were tourist-oriented, and not very 'homey'. But, I'm sure I can't speak for every park there.
However, you might consider surrounding areas--west of Williams. My directory shows 2 parks in Ash Fork, or try Seligman.
You can Direct Message me if you want details, or more info. (wave your mouse over my screen name for options)
Unfortunately, most RV Parks are extremely picky about pets, but you find exceptions. The longer term parks are usually more accomadating, especially those on the 'lower end', if ya know what I mean.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:57 PM

509 posts, read 1,692,461 times
the rv park in Ash Fork used to be part of KOA . now they are independant . not really much of a rv park . they do have some year round residents that seem to be happy there .

Old 04-03-2009, 03:10 PM

9 posts, read 16,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdcrazy View Post
hey i'm looking to move to williams with my 5th wheel for a year or two while i work just west and south of there. the problem i'm coming up with is that i want to get a young boxer pup. and if i do i want to put a doggy door on the 5th wheel and make a small pen (maybe 5X7ft) just enough for her to not make a mess inside my home. but the rv parks do not allow any kind of fenced area. is there any way around this?

the only thing i could think of is maybe find a house that has rv hookups and that would let me park in the back yard or something. but even if they do where would i look to find such a thing?

i know of a possibility - am sending you a PM.......

Old 04-04-2009, 10:16 AM

24,339 posts, read 25,851,992 times
I doubt if he will see it as it doesn't appear that he is currently active in the forum/

Old 04-18-2009, 05:50 PM

9 posts, read 16,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
I doubt if he will see it as it doesn't appear that he is currently active in the forum/

too bad, oh well

but thanks for telling me anyway....
just tryin' to help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona