Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 05:32 PM

94 posts, read 146,807 times

Advertisements

I used to fly into Tuba City all the time as an air ambulance pilot. There was always stray dogs roaming the res. There was also plenty of litter and "stray children" to be seen.

I used to fly into Chinle's dirt runway often. For people who have been to canyon de chelly, you may have seen the dirt strip next to the cheveron. We used to see children playing along the freeway, midday with no adult supervision whatsoever.

I have spent alot of time on the res'es. There is a feeling of hopelessness and despair that seems to permeate everyday living there.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:52 AM

207 posts, read 547,436 times
Grain fed? Hello? This refutes at least 60 million years of evolution. Dogs 'n cats are carnivores... it's what they do. 'Ever see a Wolf eat a corn cob or a Lion eat a bananna? Ridiculous. Please don't assign your loopy ideas to the animal world. You... are an omnivore... You have the forward, steroscopic vision of a predator and the canines/incisors of a carnivore. The molars of a herbivore. If God hadn' intended for animals to be eaten... he wouldn't have made 'em outta MEAT! That includes humans. (Ask any crocodile)

Old 09-05-2008, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,067 times
Default Adopt a dog from a reservation!

I was in Tuba City 3 summers ago and found a puppy wandering around outside of the Quality Inn I was staying at. He was starving, covered in ticks, and had a green balloon tied around his leg. I took him to the shelter and they were going to put him to sleep that day they said. The hotel workers said it happens all the time...there are tons of strays. "TC" which is his name now is 3 years old now and living with me in New Jersey...I hope if people are going to get a dog, they will consider adopting one...especially from one of the reservations where it will really make a difference.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:58 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 6,999,532 times
Those are probably "Rez" dogs...reservation dogs. Many Native Americans do not consider their dogs as "pets"...they pretty much allow them to breed and wander and fend for themselves. Don't get me started. It's not wise to buy a horse off a Rez either...they are very often wormy, diseased, ill-cared-for.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:21 AM

94 posts, read 146,807 times
it is unfortunate that we Arizonans have to continue to clean up the mess that the res'es present us with. i have rescued 2 dogs from res'es.

and to be truthful I am a bit tired of having to clean the mess up after the natives. i am respectful of their sovereign status, but there is only so much babysitting we can afford.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:25 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,151,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zitlali View Post
I wanted to share my frustration while driving through Tuba City on my way to Phoenix.
I made a stop at the gas station on the my road to stop to get a bite to eat and fill my tank when I came out of my car I saw a couple of dogs walking towards me. The closer they came the more I realized how emancipated they were. They were in awful conditions I thought about the abuse and neglect that they must suffer on a daily basis. I couldn’t believe how there were so many local people all around who didn’t care that this was going on. I fed them and will try to drive back to rescue them.
I hope that people find it in their hearts to help the animals in Tuba. Spaying their pets would help!
They were emancipated? . Obviously you've never been to Mexico. You'll see this every where you go.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:39 AM

110 posts, read 246,962 times
It's sad that the animals are the one's suffering. I understand that different cultures treat things differently but someone needs to step in and protect the innocent animals. If their children were being neglected don't tell me the authorities would just stand back. Poverty is no reason to be cruel.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:11 PM

19 posts, read 68,761 times
Default wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydude24 View Post
it is unfortunate that we Arizonans have to continue to clean up the mess that the res'es present us with. i have rescued 2 dogs from res'es.

and to be truthful I am a bit tired of having to clean the mess up after the natives. i am respectful of their sovereign status, but there is only so much babysitting we can afford.
first i find that offending because i live on the rez its beutiful better than any ugly city. u dont have to clean up wat we present to u. its are problem. are u saying natives are dirty? im full blooded native american and proud of it. wat mess are u speaking of?

Old 10-01-2009, 10:00 AM

3 posts, read 7,011 times
Sorry for beating a dead dog , but it sounds like the cost of emancipation was emaciation.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:22 AM

227 posts, read 533,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candra View Post
Where is Tuba? Unfortunately, in some small towns in AZ people just leave their pets off when they stop for gas.
It's up in Navajo Rez. How o you know it's only AZ people. Tourists could do the same damn thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona