U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 564 times

Advertisements

Seriously thinking of making the move out there. Have spent a bunch of time in the desert SW never really stayed long in Sedona, a beautiful place when we visited. I have income to support myself, job not needed, have about 500K for a house. Am I looking at the wrong place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 12:21 PM

4,066 posts, read 5,103,693 times
I don't know, but you should visit Stevie Nicks' Fajita Roundup if you move there!

Old 03-25-2008, 01:47 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 4,517,583 times
You should do fine with your expectations and housing "allowance" . Sedona is classy and high priced but extraordinarilly lovely. Lots of things to do, lots of shopping, good weather...not unusual to see a celebrity wandering around. It's just way out of my pocketbook...but if I could afford it I would live there, I think

Old 03-25-2008, 03:09 PM

641 posts, read 1,503,863 times
I would have loved to live there 10 years ago. Its too crowded now for me, but still a lovley place.

Ama

Old 03-25-2008, 07:49 PM

580 posts, read 1,083,178 times
A friend of mine got lost out near Sedona heading towards Las Vegas. She came to the gas station... went inside to pay for her gas and get directions because she was lost. She came back out and everything seem about normal until traveling down a dirt road here comes a car flying out behind her. So she pulls over and the guy gets out walking towards her ( dragging his feet, he was moving slow ) and busted her window out with a hammer. She ran off driving and her tire gave out. The man came running towards the car... he was about 2 miles away now. So she took her advantage and ran for about hours until she reached a isolated house. She then got a ride to flagstaff and flew straight home. The ones who drove her to flagstaff told her that her car is still sitting out there but the window was replace, as well as the tire.

I was told its creepy around there... well she assume it was Sedona, but who knows she could of been miles out from it. Although flagstaff she is forsure about.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:58 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,289,969 times
Cottonwood is close by and much cheaper. But it sure doesn't look the same as Sedona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
You should do fine with your expectations and housing "allowance" . Sedona is classy and high priced but extraordinarilly lovely. Lots of things to do, lots of shopping, good weather...not unusual to see a celebrity wandering around. It's just way out of my pocketbook...but if I could afford it I would live there, I think

Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 PM

19 posts, read 93,410 times
I used to live in Sedona. Lot of resturants to eat at that aren't your typical commercial food chain resturants. Not much to do if you are looking for a night life. Flagstaff is 28 miles away and Phoenix I believe 108 miles away. Great out doors, clean air, can get really crowded in the Summer because of the tourist. Would be great to raise a kid. Not a big job market except for Food Service, Hotels/Resorts, Real Estate and construction. Quiet at night; can still leave your doors unlocked, but crime has gotten a little worst these last few years. One highschool in town, a small ER, the actuall hospital is in Cottonwood about 15 miles away which is where I work for a little while longer. It's not a bad place to be to tell you the truth, last time I lived in Sedona was 2 years ago but I go back and visit my friends quite often.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 PM

21,157 posts, read 26,339,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatrine View Post
I would have loved to live there 10 years ago. Its too crowded now for me, but still a lovley place.

Ama
I catch your drift; I really liked Sedona 20 years ago (1988), but it has become too 'plastic' now IMHO.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 AM

17,343 posts, read 20,506,887 times
If I lived there I would sit around and cry all day about how development has destroyed one of the most beautiful places in the world. I don't even visit there anymore, because it makes my blood boil.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:31 AM

1,570 posts, read 4,289,969 times
I don't think that it has been completely destroyed just yet. Sedona is still breathtakingly beautiful. But give 'em another 15 or 20 years, and the developers will complete the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If I lived there I would sit around and cry all day about how development has destroyed one of the most beautiful places in the world. I don't even visit there anymore, because it makes my blood boil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona