U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-14-2007, 01:55 PM

31 posts, read 90,284 times
Default Sedona?

Anyone know Sedona? Cost of living, crime, kid friendly? etc.
Looks beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 04:40 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,458,678 times
Sedona is gorgeous, but my wife and I could not afford to live there, so we moved to the Prescott area instead. In Sedona, 2 bedroom, 1500 sqft, single family homes start at $325K and move up from there. For a decent house, you're looking at $400K-$500K. You can subtract $150K for Prescott-area prices.

For the most part, Sedona is centered around the tourism industry. There are tons of restaurants and shops and lots of great hiking. I think there are something like 12K residents and 100K tourists each year.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:35 AM

153 posts, read 817,359 times
Default Sedona is. . . . .

nicknamed "Beverly Hills on the Rocks".....residents are either very wealthy or very poor.

Sadly, the wage scale in Sedona is not in balance with housing costs.....but then, Sedona isn't the only area like that.

The beauty of Sedona is unsurpassed as far as I'm concerned.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,319 times
Default Sedona Home cost

Just to correct and/or clarify the post above, the city has 12,500 people, and gets 3.5 million tourists a year, not 100k. Also, the median home price is currently sitting at just under $600,000, and if you can find a home for under 430k, please let me know. The fact of the matter is that Sedona is a very ritzy and expensive tourist city, very much like aspen, or vail.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:52 AM

8 posts, read 24,018 times
Smile Really workin' it

The last two replys to your question about Sedona are accurate. I was living in Jerome for six years and just moved to NM 8 months ago. I am a musician and was playing clubs in Jerome and Sedona. If you can afford to PAY BIG for beauty you can do Sedona. Don't go there looking for something, you have got to bring it with you! Whatever it is. You might look into the Cottonwood area. It is changing very fast but it's pretty mellow. Between Sedona and Jerome it bears the brunt of the intense tourism of those two towns, but this brings in money. Can you benefit from tourism? The waterline is ART. If you are an artist, musician, entertainer you can benefit. If you are a very top notch real estate agent you can benefit. If you are looking for general employment YOU WILL SINK! You can't compete with the locals at that level, they are starving. Every move is an adventure. Cultures are unique everywhere and you just can't tell how you fit in until you live there. I love to do this. Sometimes I'm at one place for 6 months and nobody loves me and I'm gone. Other places it's just magic, like love at first sight! It gets expensive though. You are doing a good thing by "Really workin it" i.e. these forums. Keep on

Old 02-19-2007, 10:05 AM

1,447 posts, read 2,986,315 times
Just curious - can you find an affordable 2 or 3 bedroom house with a little acreage if you go 20 miles or so outside of Sedona? Looking for an area to retire but am not wild about desert.

The area between Sedona and Flagstaff looks beautiful. Thanks!

Old 02-20-2007, 11:24 AM

8 posts, read 24,018 times
The area in a 20 mile radius around Sedona is TOTALY! as desert as it gets.
But yes, go north toward Flaggstaff, maybe up along the Oak Creek Canyon. Although there was recently a pretty bad fire there. But around Flagstaff is better as far as away from total desert. The really costly spots are near Prescott and Sedona, but it is just from hype and competition that it got that way. There are many really lovely areas that aren't crazy expensive, and the weather is great. All seasons but mild. An easy going, open minded and friendly area all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona