U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-14-2009, 04:03 PM

8 posts, read 20,206 times
Default Flagstaff Snowfall for Jan-Feb

I live in the Phx Valley. I'm planning on going up to Flagstaff later this month or early February, but I'm waiting for another big snowfall.

I'm not asking for weather predictions, but is it reasonable to expect more snow in the next 3-4 weeks?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 04:08 PM

15,873 posts, read 18,641,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singsong View Post
I live in the Phx Valley. I'm planning on going up to Flagstaff later this month or early February, but I'm waiting for another big snowfall.

I'm not asking for weather predictions, but is it reasonable to expect more snow in the next 3-4 weeks?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Yes. Let's hope so. If it stopped now it would be way too little for the year. The 10 day forecast has a storm at about day 10 and the longer range has a pattern developing that could lead to additional storms by the end of the month. This stuff is just too far out there to put much faith in though.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:02 PM

509 posts, read 790,870 times
just a bit of snow info . i live 50 mils West and 2000ft lower elevation . thus i cannot give snow info for Flag , BUT i do have snow info for my area that goes back to 1997 . that includes snow and rainfall for each and every day .

Old 01-15-2009, 04:15 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,058,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonie5 View Post
just a bit of snow info . i live 50 mils West and 2000ft lower elevation . thus i cannot give snow info for Flag , BUT i do have snow info for my area that goes back to 1997 . that includes snow and rainfall for each and every day .
Hi..
Ash Fork?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:37 PM

857 posts, read 584,547 times
In December, a very deep trough of Low Pressure brought lots of snow to the Flagstaff and the S.W, and even to some of the lower deserts, including Yucca Valley, California. Many roofs collapsed in Flagstaff due to the December snow - 47" total from about Dec. 15th to early January!

However, since then, the entire S.W. has been under a very strong upper level ridge of high pressure since early January. Flagstaff has experienced above normal daytime temps and gorgeous sunshine. Some cold fronts will bring a chance of snow to the region within the next week or so.

Just drove from Phoenix to Flagstaff this very warm afternoon and there is no snow whatsoever until about 25 miles south of Flagstaff on I-17 just south of Munds Park.

National Weather Service maps days 3 to 7:
HPC Medium-Range Forecasts (Days 3-7)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona