Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:47 PM

24,445 posts, read 25,974,673 times

Advertisements

Very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 11:35 PM

37 posts, read 144,250 times
Jaggy, very beautiful.

I plan on visiting Sedona by mid-April and will then make the big decision on whether or not to move there. I've got some money saved up to buy a home outright, but first I will rent just to be double sure and take my time to find the right home. I don't need to make a lot of money but I do need to make SOME money and I know that most jobs pay only $10 per hour. I won't have pressure to make money right away but it would be nice to eventually find something that I would enjoy doing. I'm trying to figure out creative ways to make money off the internet or do some part time work around town. I imagine there are a lot of out of town owners in Sedona and there must be a demand for people to help water their plants and maintain their property etc....

Got any ideas?

Old 04-04-2012, 01:07 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,754,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambrody44 View Post
I've heard Sedona compared to Aspen, any validity?
Socially, yes (uber gentrified with rich folks from the coasts).

Climatically, no.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:01 AM

277 posts, read 429,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post

Nice photos

I'm glad it doesn't last long here, like a day at most :-)

Old 04-07-2012, 09:05 AM

277 posts, read 429,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirdad View Post
Jaggy, very beautiful.

I plan on visiting Sedona by mid-April and will then make the big decision on whether or not to move there. I've got some money saved up to buy a home outright, but first I will rent just to be double sure and take my time to find the right home. I don't need to make a lot of money but I do need to make SOME money and I know that most jobs pay only $10 per hour. I won't have pressure to make money right away but it would be nice to eventually find something that I would enjoy doing. I'm trying to figure out creative ways to make money off the internet or do some part time work around town. I imagine there are a lot of out of town owners in Sedona and there must be a demand for people to help water their plants and maintain their property etc....

Got any ideas?
Many people have low maintenance yards which have landscapers come on a schedule. There are established professional house sitters here already. Not saying that you can't develop a biz here. You might look at other areas for employment if you want to live in Sedona. I know someone who drove from Flagstaff to Phoenix to work, 2 hours each way.

Might find work in Cottonwood which has more places, but employment outside of Phoenix is meager to say the least.

I'm a realtor here in Sedona, and there are 600 realtors now instead of 900 ... so competition in every profession is fierce.

A good solution is to do what you are suggesting, that is to build your own business. Good luck!

Old 04-10-2012, 12:36 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,913,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirdad View Post
Jaggy, very beautiful.

Got any ideas?
There are plenty of companies helping maintain properties and doing landscaping. Most, as has already been said, are low maintenance. We left most of our land as it was and what we planted was all native species. Internet and working remote is probably your best bet.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:40 PM

8 posts, read 9,071 times
Aspen is much more lively with more to do. Sedona is pretty quiet.
There is the occasional scorpion in this area - I've only seen about 2 in 5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona