Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:48 PM

7 posts, read 242,810 times

Advertisements

How much snow does Sedona get? When it snows, does it stay around, or melt quickly? How cold does it get? I'm looking for a potential place to move in a few years, and am worried about snow.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 07:52 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Try: Sedona Weather, Weather Forecast For Sedona, Average Temperature In Sedona

Old 01-15-2009, 07:56 PM

Is this true?

Quote:
During the winter months, Sedona escapes the snow and cold that frequents the higher elevations of Flagstaff and points North. It's not uncommon to have overnight temperatures dip into the 30's followed by daytime temperatures near 60. With Sedona's abundant sunshine, the winter months can be not only pleasant but also a more relaxed time to visit and explore the area. And if you are lucky enough to be in Sedona on those rare occasions when it snows you'll be treated to some of the prettiest snow capped views... and no shoveling... most of the snow that does make it to the ground melts away the next day.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:56 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,223,721 times
It gets very little and what it does get is usually just a dusting on the red rocks so it is beautiful. Then it melts off by the end of the day. It would be very unusual for it to stay. One weird thing is that if we get it, it's often later than you would expect...around March or April.

Today it was 74 in the shade at my place and I hiked in a tank top!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambrody44 View Post
Is this true?
Yes, 100%!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:03 PM

While I've got some people who are obviously knowledgeable in the Sedona area. How much do you have to worry about creepy crawlies. My girl friend is pretty scared of scorpions. Is there anything to worry about?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:34 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,413,595 times
I often visit the west fork of oak creek canyon, and last winter there was snow, the canyon walls shade the snow and keep it from melting.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I often visit the west fork of oak creek canyon, and last winter there was snow, the canyon walls shade the snow and keep it from melting.
Yes but that's not Sedona, it's a good 20 minutes out of town and once you're in the Oak Creek Canyon, it's a very different story...the actual town of Sedona rarely holds it's snow.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambrody44 View Post
While I've got some people who are obviously knowledgeable in the Sedona area. How much do you have to worry about creepy crawlies. My girl friend is pretty scared of scorpions. Is there anything to worry about?
I have lived here 4 years and only ever seen one scorpion and it was one that someone had found in their house and was releasing outside and I just happened to be walking my dog by. I have friends in Cottonwood who have had them a bit more frequently (with no resulting problems) and I have a friend who had one in her house in the Village of Oak Creek and she simply took it back outside. They just don't seem to be a problem here.

Having said that, it is the desert and the creepy crawlies can be VERY strange looking compared to the east coast and there are lots of BIG spiders in some homes. I barely even see one where I live but I didn live in a place with big ones when first got here, they were wolf spiders, and man they were big (should have been called moose spiders )!

Old 01-19-2009, 09:01 PM

I've heard Sedona compared to Aspen, any validity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona