Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 03:20 PM

739 posts, read 1,847,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm not sure why CA is out, but if it's because of cost of living, Sedona is definitely not cheap! Also, there isn't much in the way of employment, unless that doesn't matter to you.
I love and miss SoCal. My DH is very unhappy about the state of affairs there and it's not likely we'll return there.

The most expensive thing about Sedona is housing. We already live in an area with high housing costs so that doesn't scare us. We won't be working. I just want to try and recreate what was the best of CA without too many of the problems.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
There is a community pool in West Sedona.
Thanks, Babe, I'll try and Google it to have a look.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:57 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,643,993 times
Hey ExNooyawk,
I too live in Oregon. I'm not far from Florence and I too have grown VERY tired of the gloomy weather. We average almost 120 inches of rain per year and it's very depressing.
Oregon is probably one of the most beautiful states there is but as you say, it's hard to enjoy it for more than a month or so a year because of the cold, wet weather. My wife passed away a couple of years ago and that only makes living in a small town with all the rain even more depressing.
I'm raising our daughter on my own and I think the culture change and different lifestyles would do her good as it will me.
I visited the Phoenix area during the Christmas holidays and I must say, just being in the sunshine really made me feel great. I can't wait to get my place sold and get down there in the sunshine. Not sure where yet but in the sun it will be.
Sedona really looks like a nice place. I'm sure you'll be very happy there.
Good luck.
Like you, I also am looking to relocate to Arizona.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:22 PM

Hey, Maverick, good luck to you too.
Today is bright and sunny here in Ashland! Unfortunately, its also 35 degrees out. My husband is saying we should get out because it's a nice day. Yeah, nice if you want to freeze your azz off. Nice day. My azz.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:20 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
I live in Sedona

Yes, there are scorpions. But just get the house spayed regularly and they stay away.

I live in the Mystic Hills sub-division and we have a pool down at the clubhouse as well as tennis courts.

Now is a good time to be buying here. In our subdivision there are several houses for sale and they are not finding buyers. You may find that the pricing can be negotiated down.

ps. we love it and are not selling!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:00 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I live in Sedona

Yes, there are scorpions. But just get the house spayed regularly and they stay away.
I'm glad you clarified that for the poster. I don't know about Sedona, but we live at 4500 feet and we sure have scorpians!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:54 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,216,327 times
I was in Sedona about 5 years ago, then I was just there this afternoon.

5 years ago there was nothing but housing and the red rocks.

Now there is a Factory Outlet mall in Oak Creek, and much more to see and do.

My only concern about living there would be access to shopping/grocery. From what I see, it would be a drive to get to either.

If you have the money, and don't have a commute anywhere, its Paradise of the West as far as I'm concerned.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:45 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinH View Post

My only concern about living there would be access to shopping/grocery. From what I see, it would be a drive to get to either.

If you have the money, and don't have a commute anywhere, its Paradise of the West as far as I'm concerned.
Where we live, it is just as easy to get to Oak Creek ("VOC") as it is to get to West Sedona. Most of the shopping is either in VOC or in West Sedona and you do have to drive but it really isn't very far; less than 10 minutes.

VOC has very good services; an IGA, dry cleaners, post office, good restaurants, etc., etc.. The outlet mall has been there quite a long time. It isn't great but better than nothing. West Sedona also has good services but you have to brave roadworks and tourist traffic to get there. If you want Home Depot or Walmart then they are in Cottonwood which is a 40 minute drive (although VOC has ACE hardware). The nearest Costco is in Prescott and there is a Sam's Club in Flagstaff.

We moved to Sedona from the New York area and have found plenty of things to do. It has been easy to make friends, there are plenty of activities and a good cultural life.

The great thing about Sedona is that it cannot expand much more being surrounded by national forest. So it is never going to get a whole lot bigger.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 AM

329 posts, read 1,275,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinH View Post

I currently live in Sedona and love it here. In West Sedona we have three grocery stores, Walgreens, Staples and many local stores. You do have to go to Cottonwood (15 miles) for Wal*Mart. There is plenty to do here if you like outdoor activities (hiking, tennis, golf etc.). Home prices have come down considerably and there are many very good deals. Good luck with your search!!

Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolgirl51 View Post
I currently live in Sedona and love it here. In West Sedona we have three grocery stores, Walgreens, Staples and many local stores. You do have to go to Cottonwood (15 miles) for Wal*Mart. There is plenty to do here if you like outdoor activities (hiking, tennis, golf etc.). Home prices have come down considerably and there are many very good deals. Good luck with your search!!
Sounds like heaven! But, where do you go to get your appendix out? I still have mine and am nervously awaiting the day it wants go out and play!

But, seriously, how sufficient is your health care?

And, do you have any good burger places?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona