Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 07:32 PM

2 posts, read 32,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DML1651 View Post
Interesting... I moved from Aiea to Chandler.

Flag is a nice town, but get ready for winter.
Oh, come on. It's just a little snow! Try the Midwest if you want winter!

Old 08-21-2007, 05:19 PM

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii 14 1/2yrs. Raised & 7yrs. *Just moved back to mainland the Arizona area wrong area
35 posts, read 355,849 times
What posessed you to move from Aiea, Hawaii to Chandler???
Reguarding the cold weather that's what everyones telling me reg. the Flagstaff area... Hot, muggy, and sticky and smog or just 3rd world country dirt that's in Honolulu is starting to get on my nerves... Honolulu has changed some areas are now changeing finally but alot of others run down and just gross, just discusting...
Due to the snow I need to look into another car instead of the ones that I have been looking at due to snow from what I hear... Gosh my old car I shipped to Honolulu took a beating here lousey machanics and just **** after **** from whatever the island ic is and bad people.. My old Calif. must not like it here in Honolulu... But you should see the crap that I was looking at to buy second hand, No ways would I put my ass in them... People totally abuse there cars here..
Looking forward to change because Honolulu, Hawaii going back home after all these years this place is no longer home; due to the way the islands have changed and all the drama people and lousey services due to being medically is utterly gross.. There not helpful at all here there actually really quite stupid... Some are still islanders and get basics done but majority of the islands are real lazy to actually help anyone medically ill or barely themselves... Plus the medical services here in Honolulu, Hawaii are all horrible under medicare and I'm pretty young... I guess they are waiting for all the old people to die since there are so many or content on bare min. Tax dollars here i Hawaii are totally being wasted for only fun pograms or if your an FOB or pregnant or with children...
Not a good place to be a young professional having fallen medically ill... Locals frown upon mainland/ faster schooled plus being asian... The locals have ignorance and attitude... That a person has to bow down to local idiots in Hawaii services... Instead of mainland style get the job done nicely and professionally without the attitude of looserness... The asians left in positions here is so sad... They actually don't give a dam and abuse are tax dollars because they don't give a dam about the people and there needs but about filling there own pocket books and scamming the system to be lazy and to hide behind a big goverment everyone prettending to have done something but really did nothing at all ... Like I said previously in my quotes I'm pulling out a 3 part New Age Project from the Hawaiian Islands and am looking at the State of Arizona instead... Being medically ill Hawaii has made me loose 2 $100,000 a year jobs from White Collar and Blue Collar fields well also my 100% chinese family and this looser haole guy I dated like a looser he was utterly gross...
One lives and learns how gross and broken down and lazy hawaii it looks good candy wrapper.. But is just a houchey Resort area it's utterly foul... I can go to better places then out in the middle of the ocean of nowhere...
6years I became more ill and uglier than sin itself looking and experienceing this kind of crap that Hawaiian islands now process... **** I was to launch a petite clothing line before I became fatter than a F--ken house in the last year plus or so... That looks real good I'll just take a picture of that one what looser hawaii does to beauty and still launch from somewhere else definately...
I'm still hoping Arizona is a way better place than the Hawaiian Islands if not I will be utterly schocked... Hawaiian Islands have no real healing energy spots... Greenery and the Aloha of the people and spirits are very slim and nil.. Just an island with gaming natives and dance with oncoming mainlanders by the groves... Hopefully the American Indians and the sedonas and the rest of the state shows me a more full color spectrum

Old 01-26-2008, 11:56 AM

7 posts, read 28,967 times
Did you finally get your move out of Honolulu?

Old 07-16-2008, 12:34 PM

5 posts, read 37,244 times
Default whats the verdict? hawaii to Flagstaff?

I too am considering relocating to flagstaff.We visited there last month and loved it. We DID get the truth from the locals how expensive housing is and such and getting a good job may be tough.We are considering opening a business there just trying to gFigure out what flagstaff needs and wants

Old 07-19-2008, 12:33 PM

8 posts, read 14,697 times
Default Moved from Hawaii to Golden Vally, AZ

Made a great decision to move from Oahu to Golden Valley, AZ. this year. Originally from Hawaii--born/raised there. Have a lot of wonderful memories of Oahu during the 50s and 60s growing up there--but things changed with all the commercial and residential development on the islands. Now, it is a challenge to just drive the roads. It is always bumper to bumper, and parking stalls are scarce at all the malls, post offices, etc. People there (my friends) thought we were crazy to move to Arizona! Hawaii is considered the best place to live! But you have to be willing to put up with the high cost of living in Hawaii--we own a house and a couple of apts. on Oahu, and there is no comparison with what we paid to buy a place here; the utilities are also cheap here too, and so is our food bill. I love the open spaces of Arizona--and being so close to major attractions like Las Vegas, Laughlin, The Grand Canyon, and so forth is wonderful and convenient--don't have to board a plane anymore. We have had some disappointments with getting quality workmenship when installing a heating and cooling system, as well as hiring a contractor to do some home remodeling--it seems like there are a lot of "handy men" types professing to be qualified professionals in their field; however, when they do the work they aren't competent. So far we have been able to get the jobs done with repeated "redos." We would recommend Kingman and Golden Valley Arizona to folks who want to pursue a rural and free lifestyle with lots of outdoor recreation.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:02 AM

642 posts, read 2,551,280 times
We are in FLag to check it out tomorrow & have high hopes. I wish there was a smaller high school or a private high school as we need in particular. I stopped on my way from Williams to Colorado and talked to a the nicest man selling jewelry and he said book keeping would be a great business as they had to hire someone from Phoenix and also computer skills. He said what ever you love to do... set up a business. The people here are much friendlier then SW CO. but I am not sure about schools or crime here but hey we are coming from Portland OR area and San Bernardino it cannot be so bad as that. I dont understand the art & leadership school going from age 14 to age 21!!?!? Why would anyone have their 14 or so yr old with a 21 yr old?

Old 07-27-2008, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,170 times
Default Made the Move, Oahu to Flag.

Greetings to all interested in this post. I made the move from Oahu to Flag a few months ago. For what my two condos sold for on Oahu I bought two houses here in Flag. One is zoned for commercial use and I've successfully converted it and am in the process of renovating it for my new business.

I lived on Oahu for 12 years and loved my time there. But times have changed as they always do. Airlines going out of business and real estate bottoming out, sent me packing. Actually, Mom hitting 80 and other family was the big draw back to "America".

I feel Flag was a great choice. I love the youthful college town vibe. The town is growing by leaps and bounds and I'm stoked to be a part of it. I miss the ocean, but the vast open spaces of the southwest more than make up for it. And besides, there are many more exciting and AFFORDABLE, tropical locales to visit, than Hawaii.

Big Mahalo Nui Loa to Hawaii and all that it gave me. But I must respectfully bid it a fare and fond Aloooooha. It's good to be home.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:15 AM

92 posts, read 318,475 times
Default maui to arizona

we have lived on maui for 20 years and it has been very good to us but i have to agree with the others on alot of what is going on here. we are planning to move when we sell our house [ market not good now] and move to az for retirement. there is no way that we can afford to retire here anymore. prices are going crazy, not much aloha spirt left, growing way too much too fast. very sad to see all the changes thru the years. our kids are staying here [ 2 are married and 1 single] and they have pretty good careers plus this has been their home for along time and do not want to leave. we can always get on a plane to come and visit so hopefully things work out well. just thought i would give my 2 cents worth. take care , aloha

Old 09-23-2008, 02:43 PM

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii 14 1/2yrs. Raised & 7yrs. *Just moved back to mainland the Arizona area wrong area
35 posts, read 355,849 times
Default Made it off the Rock(Hawaiian Islands) Finally :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLeBlanc View Post
Did you finally get your move out of Honolulu?

In Aug-Sep 2007 made my tour through Los Angeles, Las Vegas, & Arizona. Great birthday present to myself to check out new places & check out new people & upcoming & growing places on the mainland. All are changing rapidly. See how friends travel & if there adaptable to new things & places & people along with the people in the states to new comers. An experience of a trip.

*Finally made it off the for god saken rock of the Hawaiian Islands back to the mainland. What a hellish ride that was. Home isn't home anymore islands are polluted with tons of mainlanders with there heartless/drama queen acts. idiot local people left running the state going nowhere.
I would not ever suggest Aloha International Moving Co., Paramount or So.West Trans to move a bunch of junk for $2,600 back to the mainland. Things got smashed lost/stollen, no one knows there heads from there asses on time or schedules but pure stupid garbage of ignorance.
Made it to Flagstaff,Arizona really not a helpful city or real educated people lot of white oakey trash/goodie tooshoe mentality. Or maybe there prejudice people in these areas. On the overall the people seem to be nice people in general but getting them to actually work or thought process anything you will be in big trouble going nowhere-not real comprehensive people at all. Now I know why telecommunications companies don't come into the state of Arizona. Lots of University kids graduating but just can't make the bracket in the real world of business minds in this Arizona area. The Arizonians that landed in Hawaii totally bent & one sided & needy & self gaming for self only, there pretty pathetic mostly white/caucasian.
Trying to get help under medicare has been another utter joke, but now its the Flagstaff,AZ. Finally the local Indian's kind of directed me in some better avenues, no support groups or person or agencies seem to know anything or can actually answer back phone calls. You really have to have a snot nose kid(s) or totally mental retarded, or play or you really are dumb in this area of Flagstaff to get any comprehensive help. Especially when you're medically terminally ill & in you're early 40's Flagstaff,AZ coming from the professional world, this is not the state to be in...
Kid-O's you're totally correct Arizona is not a good state for new vision in a new age industry= A totally confused state lots of graduating kids from colleges but just not a comprehensive state to actually be full well rounded young adults or adults at that. Nice people in general but totally oakey love to talk but sit on there asses to actually really do nothing but make muddling s*it again & again (drama queens). I'm impressed they actually graduated or even finished high school. I don't blame them go straight to GED and work-A state going to pots an allusion of white misfits.
Okey I understand the Indians/ American Indians but what's the deal with the white foke here.
Note: Don't buy anything out at Flagstaff Mall what a joke that should be closed down. They are so unprofessional it's sad. Great place to walk you're kids & playtime, is what they use that mall for(just like a dog walk but for kids/parents/adult)oh yeah it's air conditioned forgot.
Bike ridding & hiking are great out here suggest a partner don't go alone. Make sure your back/legs are in good condition. Sugg. books by Cosmic Ray. Great bus system for how small it is. Thanks to Hawaii helping them get up & going. I've see sum transplants from Hawaiian Islands that have helped this state to get there act together from bus to postal. Flagstaff Visitors Center@Amtrack station great people very helpful & sweet.
We'll I'm stuck her for 1year & counting the days to get the hell out of the state of Arizona. Hopefully there doctors/services are better with medicare now that I'm getting ard. talking to the local people for help because there is no advocates that I found or have been told that are good reg. goverment services, I haven't heard of any social workers for the area of commentators. But Hawaiian Islands are no better.
Very interesting Flagstaff,AZ lots of OLD History we'll that's all of Arizona. Lot's of R&R country/oakey/hick style. 25 men to 1 female if not more everywhere you go intown. In general nice people-takes them along time to get there game going on to figure out who they are and what they want to do when they grow up even though there adults already. Very suppressed area with lots of construction basic economy. Other than the retired or ones that inherited money to kick it in a so called peaceful area.
But do they have any real vision here at all??? It's a slow country stroll - growing town with lots of potential I hope they find there grounded niche with the right people for this area. Lot's of bars & restaurants. Any actual morally justifiable work or people; they need help in this area.. It's like they need really old grandparents/guardians/ethical pit bosses with strong good standards and good beliefs to help this area... Not run you're mouths Stupidness & I can't control it's abt. me bosses-It's utterly sad here in this Flagstaff area-City of Phoenix where corporate is no better there drama idiots going nowhere but in there right minds trying to run Flagstaff area to different nuts & bolts. I can't believe the people let s*it like that loose but they all back each other up so it's job security for Arizona.
We'll these were my findings coming to a new upcoming state of future growth & are reported demographically for this area. It's been 3 long hellish months going into 4, and like I said I can't wait to get the hell out of Dodge "Flagstaff AZ". Maybe another 35 plus years & maybe it can stabilize itself.
I really liked this areas as a child but that's when you're young & dumb. Adulthood & medically ill not looking good for me. What pulled into the areas while the time span had passed not looking so good- all pretty messed up still & looking for help but so stand offish or to scared to speak due to idiots left to run the area.
Atleast I'm back on the mainland. Because the Hawaiian Islands just weren't for me either. From the years of yester years that's along time ago. Now it's an eluded state of shallowness~ No Ohana or No real Aloha ~ It's of yester years, something of the past. Totally mainland style tv programming state. Totally an elusion now. Progressing only for tourism and for the buck like always.
I'll keep you posted any suggestions much appreciated?
Like I said I can't wait to move out of Arizona & I just got here. Just a great place to visit for 2-3 months and that's it.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:17 PM

329 posts, read 1,275,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by China Doll Me View Post
In Aug-Sep 2007 made my tour through Los Angeles, Las Vegas, & Arizona. Great birthday present to myself to check out new places & check out new people & upcoming & growing places on the mainland. All are changing rapidly. See how friends travel & if there adaptable to new things & places & people along with the people in the states to new comers. An experience of a trip.

*Finally made it off the for god saken rock of the Hawaiian Islands back to the mainland. What a hellish ride that was. Home isn't home anymore islands are polluted with tons of mainlanders with there heartless/drama queen acts. idiot local people left running the state going nowhere.
I would not ever suggest Aloha International Moving Co., Paramount or So.West Trans to move a bunch of junk for $2,600 back to the mainland. Things got smashed lost/stollen, no one knows there heads from there asses on time or schedules but pure stupid garbage of ignorance.
Made it to Flagstaff,Arizona really not a helpful city or real educated people lot of white oakey trash/goodie tooshoe mentality. Or maybe there prejudice people in these areas. On the overall the people seem to be nice people in general but getting them to actually work or thought process anything you will be in big trouble going nowhere-not real comprehensive people at all. Now I know why telecommunications companies don't come into the state of Arizona. Lots of University kids graduating but just can't make the bracket in the real world of business minds in this Arizona area. The Arizonians that landed in Hawaii totally bent & one sided & needy & self gaming for self only, there pretty pathetic mostly white/caucasian.
Trying to get help under medicare has been another utter joke, but now its the Flagstaff,AZ. Finally the local Indian's kind of directed me in some better avenues, no support groups or person or agencies seem to know anything or can actually answer back phone calls. You really have to have a snot nose kid(s) or totally mental retarded, or play or you really are dumb in this area of Flagstaff to get any comprehensive help. Especially when you're medically terminally ill & in you're early 40's Flagstaff,AZ coming from the professional world, this is not the state to be in...
Kid-O's you're totally correct Arizona is not a good state for new vision in a new age industry= A totally confused state lots of graduating kids from colleges but just not a comprehensive state to actually be full well rounded young adults or adults at that. Nice people in general but totally oakey love to talk but sit on there asses to actually really do nothing but make muddling s*it again & again (drama queens). I'm impressed they actually graduated or even finished high school. I don't blame them go straight to GED and work-A state going to pots an allusion of white misfits.
Okey I understand the Indians/ American Indians but what's the deal with the white foke here.
Note: Don't buy anything out at Flagstaff Mall what a joke that should be closed down. They are so unprofessional it's sad. Great place to walk you're kids & playtime, is what they use that mall for(just like a dog walk but for kids/parents/adult)oh yeah it's air conditioned forgot.
Bike ridding & hiking are great out here suggest a partner don't go alone. Make sure your back/legs are in good condition. Sugg. books by Cosmic Ray. Great bus system for how small it is. Thanks to Hawaii helping them get up & going. I've see sum transplants from Hawaiian Islands that have helped this state to get there act together from bus to postal. Flagstaff Visitors Center@Amtrack station great people very helpful & sweet.
We'll I'm stuck her for 1year & counting the days to get the hell out of the state of Arizona. Hopefully there doctors/services are better with medicare now that I'm getting ard. talking to the local people for help because there is no advocates that I found or have been told that are good reg. goverment services, I haven't heard of any social workers for the area of commentators. But Hawaiian Islands are no better.
Very interesting Flagstaff,AZ lots of OLD History we'll that's all of Arizona. Lot's of R&R country/oakey/hick style. 25 men to 1 female if not more everywhere you go intown. In general nice people-takes them along time to get there game going on to figure out who they are and what they want to do when they grow up even though there adults already. Very suppressed area with lots of construction basic economy. Other than the retired or ones that inherited money to kick it in a so called peaceful area.
But do they have any real vision here at all??? It's a slow country stroll - growing town with lots of potential I hope they find there grounded niche with the right people for this area. Lot's of bars & restaurants. Any actual morally justifiable work or people; they need help in this area.. It's like they need really old grandparents/guardians/ethical pit bosses with strong good standards and good beliefs to help this area... Not run you're mouths Stupidness & I can't control it's abt. me bosses-It's utterly sad here in this Flagstaff area-City of Phoenix where corporate is no better there drama idiots going nowhere but in there right minds trying to run Flagstaff area to different nuts & bolts. I can't believe the people let s*it like that loose but they all back each other up so it's job security for Arizona.
We'll these were my findings coming to a new upcoming state of future growth & are reported demographically for this area. It's been 3 long hellish months going into 4, and like I said I can't wait to get the hell out of Dodge "Flagstaff AZ". Maybe another 35 plus years & maybe it can stabilize itself.
I really liked this areas as a child but that's when you're young & dumb. Adulthood & medically ill not looking good for me. What pulled into the areas while the time span had passed not looking so good- all pretty messed up still & looking for help but so stand offish or to scared to speak due to idiots left to run the area.
Atleast I'm back on the mainland. Because the Hawaiian Islands just weren't for me either. From the years of yester years that's along time ago. Now it's an eluded state of shallowness~ No Ohana or No real Aloha ~ It's of yester years, something of the past. Totally mainland style tv programming state. Totally an elusion now. Progressing only for tourism and for the buck like always.
I'll keep you posted any suggestions much appreciated?
Like I said I can't wait to move out of Arizona & I just got here. Just a great place to visit for 2-3 months and that's it.
This post makes absolutely no sense to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona