U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 14,533 times

Advertisements

Good Morning! I am looking for a good spring to go Tubing in? Just like a lazy river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 10:54 AM

310 posts, read 772,983 times
Ichetucknee Springs State Park Welcome to Florida State Parks

This is our favorite, but be sure to line up very early before it opens because this time of year it's crowded and they only allow a certain number of people on the river at once. You may wish to call them for further information.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:14 PM

10,576 posts, read 10,805,223 times
agree with Ichetucknee

Old 06-14-2010, 01:45 PM

749 posts, read 2,093,853 times
Rainbow River in Dunnelon. Weeki Wachee River

Old 06-14-2010, 02:08 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,897,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
Rainbow River in Dunnelon. Weeki Wachee River
Hard to tube the Weeki Wachee anymore since they closed the one entrance that almost all tubers used.

There is a small private park just north of that old entrance if you know someone that is an association you can get it but that is about it besides going over someones private property to get in.

The canoe rental at the north end only allows canoes to enter as far as I know.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:39 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,358,511 times
Rainbow River +1

Location and Fees for The Rainbow River, Dunnellon Florida

Old 06-15-2010, 10:25 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,788,708 times
Rock Springs Kelly Park, Rock Springs, in Apopka, near Orlando, Florida

Old 06-15-2010, 07:46 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,100,499 times
I love the springs in Florida. When I was a kid, during our summer recreation programs one year, on Friday, they would bus us to the Hillsborough River and the springs and we would stay all day. It was glorious. One time, they left the windows on the bus down and the squirrels got in and tore into our lunches......

When my children were at home, we would take a picnic lunch and go over to Crystal Springs. (Nestle owns it now) There was a palm tree that grew out of the side of the bank and when the water lever was just right, we would go out on it and bounce up and down, then jump or dive in....great fun and great memories.

We went to Itchneetucknee one year on the 4th of July. I think it is 5 or 7 miles down the river. with about 2 miles left to go, it came up a bad thunder and lightning storm. YOu couldn't get out on the banks, you just had to keep going and it got really cold. when we finally reach the end, my hands and lips were completely blue....and then you had to wait for the shuttle to take you back to the entrance. A bad , bad day. But, I have been many times when that didnt happen. I like to go in early to mid May when the outside temp is closer to the water temp. It is a beautiful place.

The last time we went down the Rainbow river, we were almost the only people on the river. I guess where we went in is closed to tubers now ? Not as much fun as some of the springs.

Some people say Salt Springs or Jenny Springs is a good place to go, just for the springs.....I dont know.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:28 PM

23,440 posts, read 31,648,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Some people say Salt Springs or Jenny Springs is a good place to go, just for the springs.....I dont know.
Salt and Jenny are beautiful, so is Juniper Springs.
The Silver River is really beautiful, but you have to canoe, but its worth it!

Old 06-16-2010, 05:43 AM

34,249 posts, read 41,284,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Hard to tube the Weeki Wachee anymore since they closed the one entrance that almost all tubers used.

There is a small private park just north of that old entrance if you know someone that is an association you can get it but that is about it besides going over someones private property to get in.

The canoe rental at the north end only allows canoes to enter as far as I know.
You are right about the difficulty in accessing the Weeki Wachee,the canoe Kayak rental place in the parking lot of the Weeki Wachee park is about your only option but due to years of people throwing all manner of garbage in the river i think they banned tubing if not its almost impossible to access.
Suwanee River seems popular
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida