Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 07:46 PM

126 posts, read 322,000 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am a Southern Belle who is looking back to the Deep South for jobs....mostly coastal jobs because I am a Marine Scientist. I would like to move to a city that is still very Southern, in which I can choose from a good number of large Baptist churches. But I would also like a city that has a lot of young single professionals. What parts of the Florida panhandle should I avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 08:42 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,310,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerndiver View Post
Hi, I am a Southern Belle who is looking back to the Deep South for jobs....mostly coastal jobs because I am a Marine Scientist. I would like to move to a city that is still very Southern, in which I can choose from a good number of large Baptist churches. But I would also like a city that has a lot of young single professionals. What parts of the Florida panhandle should I avoid?
Ever consider Savannah, GA?

Old 06-25-2010, 09:29 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,813,977 times
In terms of professional jobs in general, if you don't need to be right on the beach, your best bet is probably Tallahassee. If you've got the right high tech skills, then Ft. Walton Beach. Panama City has a handful of of professional jobs, but is largely tourism & retail.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:43 AM

126 posts, read 322,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Ever consider Savannah, GA?

Good suggestion! I didn't realize that was a coastal city! I am an Alabama girl, so I only know my own state in great detail .

Looking for a Southern, coastal city, preferably not too far from Alabama, in which a lot of the single professionals are Southerners. In the city of Virginia that I am in right now, all the professionals are transplants from up North while all the blue collar people are Southerners. I want to meet a Southern guy who is white collar like me. I know that there are very very very many of them out there, but Virginia seems to be scarce of them, at least in the area I am in that has been taken over by transplants.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:57 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,310,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerndiver View Post
Good suggestion! I didn't realize that was a coastal city! I am an Alabama girl, so I only know my own state in great detail .

Looking for a Southern, coastal city, preferably not too far from Alabama, in which a lot of the single professionals are Southerners. In the city of Virginia that I am in right now, all the professionals are transplants from up North while all the blue collar people are Southerners. I want to meet a Southern guy who is white collar like me. I know that there are very very very many of them out there, but Virginia seems to be scarce of them, at least in the area I am in that has been taken over by transplants.
I feel like Savannah is a bit nicer than anything you might find on the panhandle, while still retaining that "southern" ness you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida