U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for as senator?
Crist (I) 11 44.00%
Rubio (R) 11 44.00%
Meek (D) 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 02:13 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,795,136 times

Advertisements

As senator, that is

Last edited by doggiebus; 06-27-2010 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 03:50 PM

4 posts, read 4,064 times
I am a registered independent but I am voting for Crist even though I can't stand the man. I would vote for an independant candidate but not a fool from the tea party.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:33 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,401,632 times
Some people do not understand that the tea party people are mainly for less government, less spending, less debt and a balanced budget.

What is wrong with that?

Dont everyone budget their own money?

Crist already sold out the people of Florida so why on earth would anyone give him a chance to do it from Washington is beyond me.

Rubio has all the tools to do very well.

We need more conservative minded people who will not spend us into a depression with wasteful spending and out of control debt like it is today.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Crist already sold out the people of Florida so why on earth would anyone give him a chance to do it from Washington is beyond me.

Crist wants to ban future oil drilling--most Floridians are in favor of a ban.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:25 AM

10,576 posts, read 10,800,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
Crist wants to ban future oil drilling--most Floridians are in favor of a ban.
Most floridians also disapprove of the Obama agenda. Crist = Obama's lapdog if he gets elected.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Most floridians also disapprove of the Obama agenda. Crist = Obama's lapdog if he gets elected.
We do not need more spills, or more oil washing up on our beaches. It's not partisan--that's just commen sense.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
We do not need more spills, or more oil washing up on our beaches. It's not partisan--that's just commen sense.
we also don't need another $1 trillion stimulus paid for by the people's republic of China. As it stands now, there is no check/balance to the trio of Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. I doubt that Rubio's first order of business is to get offshore drilling going again, unless you know something I don't

I'd be much more concerned about trying to change the direction of where this entire country is heading. Nearly a year-and-a-half into the Obama/Reid/Pelosi era, UE continues to be sky-high, and private sector economic growth is anemic. The government won't get us out of this economic funk, the private sector will.

Btw, you do realize this whole oil situation is really a lose-lose scenario, right? If we curtail domestic production, we end up importing more oil from countries that don't necessarily have our interests at heart (OPEC, Venezuela, Nigeria etc.). I would rather not have Obama end up with unchecked power on top of that by electing a turncoat like Charlie Crist to the senate. And trust me, Obama is going to end up in a long line of presidents who end up paying lip service to the problem of foreign oil dependence.

Last edited by chopchop0; 06-27-2010 at 10:38 AM..

Old 06-27-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
we also don't need another $1 trillion stimulus paid for by the people's republic of China. As it stands now, there is no check/balance to the trio of Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. I doubt that Rubio's first order of business is to get offshore drilling going again, unless you know something I don't

I'd be much more concerned about trying to change the direction of where this entire country is heading. Nearly a year-and-a-half into the Obama/Reid/Pelosi era, UE continues to be sky-high, and private sector economic growth is anemic. The government won't get us out of this economic funk, the private sector will.

Btw, you do realize this whole oil situation is really a lose-lose scenario, right? If we curtail domestic production, we end up importing more oil from countries that don't necessarily have our interests at heart (OPEC, Venezuela, Nigeria etc.). I would rather not have Obama end up with unchecked power on top of that by electing a turncoat like Charlie Crist to the senate. And trust me, Obama is going to end up in a long line of presidents who end up paying lip service to the problem of foreign oil dependence.
Why are you trying to turn this into an Obama issue. I assume you live here, aren't you concerned about our beaches?

Old 06-27-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Why are you trying to turn this into an Obama issue. I assume you live here, aren't you concerned about our beaches?
absolutely. I am also concerned about the lack of the economic recovery both here and in other states under Obama's guidance. The UE rate continues to be unacceptably high IMO, and the housing market just keeps getting worse. Housing is tied to UE, and UE won't improve until businesses start hiring. I assume you live here too --- doesn't the economy bother you at all?

Btw, can you please tell me how Rubio is goiing to impact the beaches? Do you honestly see him introducing new legislation in the senate after what just happened.

Like I said before, either way, we are screwed in that regard. I'd rather have a good economy and bad oil policy than a bad economy and bad oil policy. Crist embraced Obama's stimulus, and a year later, NO JOBS!

Old 06-27-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
absolutely. I am also concerned about the lack of the economic recovery both here and in other states under Obama's guidance. The UE rate continues to be unacceptably high IMO, and the housing market just keeps getting worse. Housing is tied to UE, and UE won't improve until businesses start hiring. I assume you live here too --- doesn't the economy bother you at all?

Btw, can you please tell me how Rubio is goiing to impact the beaches? Do you honestly see him introducing new legislation in the senate after what just happened.

Like I said before, either way, we are screwed in that regard. I'd rather have a good economy and bad oil policy than a bad economy and bad oil policy. Crist embraced Obama's stimulus, and a year later, NO JOBS!
I'd rather take oil from Venezuela than have oil washing up on our beaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida