Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 07:53 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,722,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Did you mean to say that Nebraska is in Temple Terrace or that Temple Terrace is one of the ugliest/dirtiest/scariest places you've been?
I thought the same thing too. She must be confused. Temple Terrace is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 07:28 AM

11 posts, read 37,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Edit above

WPB's worst part, IMO, is down by the railroad/off Australian and N. Sapodilla, North of Banyan and PBL Blvd.
OOPS. I thought that was West Palm.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Did you mean to say that Nebraska is in Temple Terrace or that Temple Terrace is one of the ugliest/dirtiest/scariest places you've been?
I thought Nebraska Ave was in Temple Terrace. All I remember is going down that street and seeing a lot of cracked out scary people. What area is that?

Old 09-15-2010, 09:42 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,262,312 times
Nebraska runs from just north of Downtown Tampa, through V.M. Ybor, Seminole Heights, Sulphur Springs, and Suitcase City until merging with Florida Avenue up near Avila. It's a good fifty or so blocks west of Temple Terrace.

I understand your distaste for Nebraska, but we were just wondering if you had lumped Temple Terrace into the ugly/dirty/scary place list.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:53 AM

817 posts, read 2,240,546 times
what is the purpose of this thread?

Old 09-16-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Nebraska runs from just north of Downtown Tampa, through V.M. Ybor, Seminole Heights, Sulphur Springs, and Suitcase City until merging with Florida Avenue up near Avila. It's a good fifty or so blocks west of Temple Terrace.

I understand your distaste for Nebraska, but we were just wondering if you had lumped Temple Terrace into the ugly/dirty/scary place list.

Now that I know that Nebraska ave is not in Temple Terrace, no it is no longer lumped into the ugly/dirty/scary list. lol

Old 09-16-2010, 11:58 AM

28 posts, read 50,671 times
Perhaps odd area, but a a much quicker drive with no traffic than taking I-75 and I-10.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:51 AM

289 posts, read 567,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
If some people believves that Florida is ugly you all need to take a drive through some parts of West Virginia, Philly, Baltimore, St Louis, Memphis, and a few others.

If I had to name a town that is downright the worst Florida has then it would be Daytona Beach. Run down, dirty etc. the town needs to clean up their act as they are an embarrassment to other beautiful Florida towns.

On the flip side, Florida has probably the most beautiful cities and parts of any state I have traveled in and I have been in them all.

To the person who said West Pasco, post a name of a town or something because I cannot believe anyone would be scared in any parts of Pasco county.
Sorry but I happen to love Daytona Beach. In fact if I had a job lined up (I'm waiting for an opening to try to transfer into) & the money I'd move there today. I'm not saying it's the greatest, it's just where I want to be. And I would bet that almost every city in every state with a population over 5,000 has at least 1 bad, run-down, dirty part of town.

I live in west tn, 1/2 way between Nashville & Memphis, 2 miles from the interstate & 12 miles from the nearest town, & I have to say that I have known people from New York City that have lived here for a while that wouldn't take off walking the road after dark. I would.

I live 25 miles east of Jackson, TN. I've always compared Daytona Beach to Jackson because it's similar in size & population. Just without the beach, river, race track & excess of hotels. And I still choose Daytona. Then again I am probably a little bias since I love NASCAR.

I love that DIS is in the middle of town, across from the mall, next door to the airport, & 5 minutes from the beach. I guess that's what I love most about Daytona. That's why I feel at home there. And that's why I hope to soon call it home.

As far as Memphis, I have yet to see a great area in Memphis. Then again I haven't been to Memphis since 2004 & that was just passing through to go to Tunika Mississippi.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:25 PM

6 posts, read 26,808 times
I lived in Port St. Joe, which is about an hour from one of the nastiest ugliest places in Florida, Panama City, or as we call it "Panama ****ty"... excuse my language. The city itself was very poorly planned, and many houses right in town don't even have public water or sewers. Many streets even right in town are dirt roads. Due to the lack of decient zoning regulations, on one side of the street you will see a big nice church, next door to an auto salvage yard, next door to a nice brick 2500 square foot home, next to a 1968 model single wide manufactured home with broken down boats and trucks in the front yard. It is just flat ugly! They honestly they should just tear it all down and start over. Also there is a place called Howard Creek where there is one bar, and that one bar is called the Stick n' Stab. It is pretty scary!

Old 09-27-2010, 03:55 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,972,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
Why would your dad book a hotel in a place where he had a bad experience? you said you went there twice. I don't know a single hotel sharing space with other businesses or government offices. Your experience it's not the average hotel experience in Miami. Even Motel 6 and Super 8 have private buildings. INS doesn't make rounds on the streets looking for illegals. NEVER. They go to factories and they do that very rarely, they don't care to catch them, there are plenty of illegals breaking the law and getting arrested to fullfill deportation quotas. if INS wanted to catch them they know where to find them and believe me, illegals are not hanging around INS offices.
A) Work.
B) I can assure you, I saw the INS bus multiple times while taking my trip(s) through Miami.
C) The INS office, or some office dealing with illegals, definitely was on the top floor of said hotel. If I had more details, I'd verify. Unfortunately, it's been years (and I was somewhere around the age of 10) and I no longer talk to my parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida