Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 01:35 PM

9 posts, read 47,978 times

Advertisements

22 year old single male possibly moving to Zephyrhills, Florida for a teaching job. Any input about the amount of people near my age living there or around there? How about things to do? Nearest night life, beaches, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!! ...What about the area in general? Any information????
Also how to meet people my age, where to go, fun things to do, ANY kind of input relative to my age would be INCREDIBLE!

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 04:56 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Welcome to Florida!

You'll find people your age in the area though not many, and you probably won't have a lot in common with them. The area is fairly rural. I'd recommend living south of Zephyrhills in Temple Terrace which is an eastern suburb of Tampa. It'd be about a 15 mile commute via US301 and it would probably take you 30 minutes or less each direction as you would be travelling against the flow of rush-hour traffic. Temple Terrace is a popular choice for older students at the University of South Florida as it's further removed from the student ghetto around campus. Their are also a number of younger professionals who work in Tampa living there. Apartment choices are plentiful Temple Terrace Apartments for Rent - Temple Terrace, FL - within 5 miles on ApartmentGuide.com For nightlife, you're about 5 miles from Ybor City Ybor City Chamber of Commerce - Visitor Information (http://www.ybor.org/index.cfm?section=vs - broken link) and about a 45 minute direct shot across nearby US60 to beautiful Clearwater Beach Beaches

Old 07-10-2010, 05:28 PM

Wow! Thanks so much Kyle! AWESOME Information! I was checking out some of those apartments on ApartmentGuide.com....relatively difficult to get an idea of the differences between these apartments...even with a listed price and pictures...they seem fairly similair. Any idea which one of those apartments has more people my age living there!?!? Other than that.....GREAT information!

Old 07-11-2010, 12:37 AM

****If anyone else has any other information....PLEASE let me know! I'm welcoming anything. I would love to find out as much info as possible since this will be a big step in my life! Thanks everyone!

Old 07-11-2010, 04:21 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
How about Wesley Chapel instead - not as far away from Zephyrhills as Temple Terrace, but still close enough to Tampa to drive in to do stuff.

BTW, post your question in Tampa's forum - you'll likely get more answers since Z-hills is so close to that area.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
I agree with Bucfan - try living in Wesley Chapel area - much more to do there.

I lived for many years in the Dade City/Zephyrhills area - I do not like Z-hills. It is no place for a young guy - it is almost exclusively older retirees and there is really very little for the younger set, I don't think you would be happy living there. If you live in Wesley Chapel, you are not far away, also it is closer to Tampa, a fairly easy drive if you need more night life.

Kyle also gave good advice about Temple Terrace. Zephyrhills is an easy drive from there, and it would put you right in Tampa where you will meet FAR more younge people, and it's near the University. Stick to Temple Terrace though as far as areas near the University, some of the neighborhoods right around the college are rough and not very nice.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-11-2010, 07:40 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy24 View Post
22 year old single male possibly moving to Zephyrhills, Florida for a teaching job. Any input about the amount of people near my age living there or around there? How about things to do? Nearest night life, beaches, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!! ...What about the area in general? Any information????
Also how to meet people my age, where to go, fun things to do, ANY kind of input relative to my age would be INCREDIBLE!

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!
Take the job teaching if they offer it to you there, but Like everyone else I think you will be happier living somewhere else. One of my SIL's moved to ZephyrHills from Iowa a few years ago. Her older sister that lived there helped her find a place to buy. The comment she made was everyone was older and most left and closed up their houses for the summer months. She was 55 and she was bored to death there. She sold her place and only lived in the state for 4 months.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:46 AM

238 posts, read 668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy24 View Post

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!
What school did you get a job at? where are you coming from? Husband is a teacher and we are moving back to Z hills from Ga. We rented an apt at the new complex Zephyr ridge. They are very nice! Z-hills is a sleepy lil town but you are not far from N. Tampa. We are in our 40's and like both quite time and nightlife so we drive into Tampa. The beach is a drive to go to the GOOD one's, Treasure Island, FT Desoto! We are Fl natives that left 4 years ago and we are coming back for GOOD! I LOVE my home state!

~W

Old 10-20-2010, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,952 times
I love Z-Hills a great place to raise a family. They close Main St off often for fun things to do like Bikes and Music, Halloween, X-mas, parades. I also enjoy going to Crystal bar on Friday nights to hear the bands. I have never run across a Meth head as one person posted but then again it is all in the company you keep. And it is not all old people or there would not be a need for teachers.l

Old 05-10-2012, 07:45 AM

770 posts, read 1,130,657 times
I too would recommend you move to the New Tampa area. Given the real estate drop, if you want to buy a condo you could likely find one pretty cheaply; and pay yourself rather than pay rent. The wiregrass mall is really cool, the Brass Tap is a great beer bar and there are others. You must have a car to get around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida