U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 06:34 PM

43 posts, read 135,780 times

Advertisements

Best surf spots........Best places for a surfer to live?

My dad grew up in Ft. Lauderdale so I have family friends in that area but I'm looking all over Florida for a good spot.

This oil spill thing will eventually be re-solved in the future so don't hesitate.

Bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 06:44 PM

3,552 posts, read 6,178,226 times
Sebastian Inlet, Ponce Inlet, Cocoa Beach pier, 15th street, Patrick Air Force Base at picnic tables/second light, Palm Beach at( is it? )95th street close to where the Trump mansion is/was; but be prepared to park a long ways from the beach cause there is no parking close , and basically anywhere on the East coasr when there is a storm out in the ocean.
The Hobgoods and Kelly Slater all learned to surf in Cocoa Beach and at Sebastian Inlet so technically those might be the best.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:04 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,228,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Sebastian Inlet, Ponce Inlet, Cocoa Beach pier, 15th street, Patrick Air Force Base at picnic tables/second light, Palm Beach at( is it? )95th street close to where the Trump mansion is/was; but be prepared to park a long ways from the beach cause there is no parking close , and basically anywhere on the East coasr when there is a storm out in the ocean.
The Hobgoods and Kelly Slater all learned to surf in Cocoa Beach and at Sebastian Inlet so technically those might be the best.
Rabflmom knows of what he/she speaks! Sebastian Inlet is choice, Cocoa Beach itself has been dampned by beach restoration. Also, in the winter, when a cold front moves through, head over the West Coast town of Venice for some sweet swell! If you want to live the "surfer lifestyle" though, your best bet is Northern Palm Beach County and North to the Georgia border. My pick is Juno Beach/Jupiter or Jensen Beach (close to the S. Florida met, but far enough to be chill.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:03 AM

21,116 posts, read 30,203,750 times
I second Cocoa Beach and Sebastian. Ron-Jon's isn't in Cocoa Beach by accident.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:43 AM

817 posts, read 1,919,931 times
Rab hit them all. Pretty much anywhere between Jupiter and Cocoa is the only place in Florida that has any decent surf, and the spots in Rab's post are the best ones. I grew up in Jupiter and would sometimes go up to those other areas to get better surf. Those are the spots we'd hit.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:09 AM

346 posts, read 1,211,363 times
I've been there and hear from many people that New Smyrna Beach is pretty good too.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Rabflmom knows of what he/she speaks! Sebastian Inlet is choice, Cocoa Beach itself has been dampned by beach restoration. Also, in the winter, when a cold front moves through, head over the West Coast town of Venice for some sweet swell! If you want to live the "surfer lifestyle" though, your best bet is Northern Palm Beach County and North to the Georgia border. My pick is Juno Beach/Jupiter or Jensen Beach (close to the S. Florida met, but far enough to be chill.

LOL *She* hence the mom part of the name.

Yes, you live in a pace where the surf is good some of the time and then you go where the best waves are coming in that day. Usually the inlets have the best waves.

And it is easy to get from Florida to Costa Rica for relatively "cheap" surf trips when you live in Florida.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk22 View Post
I've been there and hear from many people that New Smyrna Beach is pretty good too.
Yep, Ponce Inlet/ New Smyrna are good, too. Seem to be more surfers bit by sharks up there than Sebastian Inlet though.
If you head up that way be sure to grab a burger at the Breakers. Love that place. LOL

Old 07-12-2010, 05:58 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,941,638 times
Reef Road on the East Coast.

Excellent suggestions upthread.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
Reef Road on the East Coast.

Excellent suggestions upthread.
I have been trying to think of that since I first posted. LOL thanks now maybe I can sleep. That is the one behind the mansions with little or no parking . Gets good waves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida