U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 09:13 AM

8,488 posts, read 18,275,909 times

Advertisements

The latest telephone poll taken by the Florida Governor's office, asked whether people who live in Florida think illegal immigration is a serious problem:

29% of respondents answered: "Yes, it is a serious problem."

71% of respondents answered: "No es una problema seriosa."

Before anyone gets bent out of shape. This is a joke.
But feel free to post any related immigration thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 10:29 AM

17,289 posts, read 26,184,633 times
As the son of an immigrant (my mother is American though), I am 100% against illegal immigration of any kind.

My grandparents endured hardship to bring their family here. They applied the PROPER way, and had to WORK here LEGALLY before bringing over their children (including my father), which they were separated from for years while they established themselves here. AND they didn't take welfare!

People hopping the border and circumventing the system just makes me so mad given the sacrifices of immigrant generations past!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:32 AM

713 posts, read 2,450,441 times
Default Don't get me started.

Although most immigrants are good folk, (My dad was a LEGAL immigrant who fought in the war 4 our freedom) many illegals are not. Another one just killed another American child in a drunk driving accident. This is happening far too many times and no one does anything about it. In fact, me and mine have been seriously hurt by the 15 that moved into house next door and we had to move. Our home of 15+ years did sell but it was a move we did not want to make! That is why we are on this real estate merry-go-round and it is not fair.

Look into numbersusa.com if you are adversly affected or if you love this country.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:43 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,041,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
The latest telephone poll taken by the Florida Governor's office, asked whether people who live in Florida think illegal immigration is a serious problem:

Pretty funny!

I am constantly amazed at the state of this country as it relates to immigration. I can't believe that, this many years after 9-11, we still have gaping open boarders. Blows my mind.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:50 AM

184 posts, read 558,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
Although most immigrants are good folk, (My dad was a LEGAL immigrant who fought in the war 4 our freedom) many illegals are not. Another one just killed another American child in a drunk driving accident. This is happening far too many times and no one does anything about it. In fact, me and mine have been seriously hurt by the 15 that moved into house next door and we had to move. Our home of 15+ years did sell but it was a move we did not want to make! That is why we are on this real estate merry-go-round and it is not fair.

Look into numbersusa.com if you are adversly affected or if you love this country.

I agree with you totally ... yes most are honest and hardworking but there is always a percentage who are not and are really undesirables . If you call INS to report them nothing happens !!!

Old 06-22-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
As the son of an immigrant (my mother is American though), I am 100% against illegal immigration of any kind.

My grandparents endured hardship to bring their family here. They applied the PROPER way, and had to WORK here LEGALLY before bringing over their children (including my father), which they were separated from for years while they established themselves here. AND they didn't take welfare!

People hopping the border and circumventing the system just makes me so mad given the sacrifices of immigrant generations past!

My wife is a Colombian born U.S citizen , who loves this country , learned quickly how to speak English and yes is 100% against illegal immigration .

Old 06-22-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post

Mike ... you need to brush up on your Spanish my friend "seriosa " is not a word .... it should read "No es un problema serio " and by the way all of my second generation Cuban American , Colombian American and Mexican American friends are 100 % AGAINST illegal immigration and constantly complain about many new arrivals as being low lifes .... go figure !!

Old 06-22-2007, 12:11 PM

8,376 posts, read 28,135,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1 View Post
Mike ... you need to brush up on your Spanish my friend "seriosa " is not a word .... it should read "No es un problema serio " and by the way all of my second generation Cuban American , Colombian American and Mexican American friends are 100 % AGAINST illegal immigration and constantly complain about many new arrivals as being low lifes .... go figure !!
Same here. To tell you the truth, I live south, yet I do not see this widespread illegal immigration that people complain about on these forums. I mean when I lived in Orlando, yes, that place had a lot of it. Miami, tons! Palm Beach County? In little 3rd world like pockets. I have yet to walk into a store, ask for service, and hear the response "No speak the english" in my four years here in Broward county. I have a few friends that do speak Spanish publicly amongst thier family/ spanish speaking friends, but agree entirely that English comes FIRST! Don't get me wrong, though, I agree that
illegal immigration is a major problem in Florida, as well as in the U.S. Problem is, we have become too reliant on the work that illegals do for us to just "Send them back". Nonetheless, they still need to be sent back, because of the outright disrespect for America and human life many have brought, the gang violence that is now spreading into small town America, and the threats to our health system.

We can prevent more from coming by getting on the case of who is HIRING these illegals! If the companies stop hiring, the illegals stop coming!

Most of the illegals where I am are actually from Haiti, though.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:14 PM

448 posts, read 1,724,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

I agree with you, illegal immigration should be stop and all 12 million should be send back. I am also an immigrant in this nation, but I came with papers after a ton of documents processing and money. And we are not talking about generations ago, I arrived 20 years ago.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:25 PM

8,376 posts, read 28,135,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGONZ001 View Post
I agree with you, illegal immigration should be stop and all 12 million should be send back. I am also an immigrant in this nation, but I came with papers after a ton of documents processing and money. And we are not talking about generations ago, I arrived 20 years ago.
IT is not fair that someone like yourself should go through the huge process, pay their taxes, and speak the language when we have what is going on today. It needs to be stopped, since this is how all of our forefathers arrived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or