U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2010, 02:32 AM

3 posts, read 6,520 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are thinking about moving from MD we are looking for a place to live at the west side of Florida Gulf side we are going down the last week in Aug to find a place to rent before we buy. Do you have any advice we own our buiseness Thermal Imaging LLC. I travel and my wife likes to do things outdoors to include lakes and beaches and golf for me and some shoppingfor her. My wife and I are in our mid 40s Kids are grown up and living there lives. no strings Freedom L.O.L
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 05:54 AM

21,137 posts, read 30,248,649 times
Without any major criteria mentioned other than the frequent travel aspect, I would point you toward the Tampa Bay area since Tampa International Airport is the major hub on the Gulf side. You'll find beaches all up and down the west coast, and golf as well. Tampa is probably the epicenter of shopping on the west coast, so there's another reason to take a look. For the more leisure lifestyle you're after, you might want to take a look at Clearwater/Largo (or the smaller neighboring town of Dunedin). Very close proximity to the beaches, plenty of golf nearby, good shopping access and a fairly quick drive across the Courtney Campbell Causeway to the airport.

Clearwater and Largo | St. Petersburg Clearwater vacation and travel (http://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/articles/clearwater-and-largo - broken link)

Old 07-19-2010, 08:24 AM

3 posts, read 6,520 times
Thank You for your help, I hope that there are more people like you there. were looking forward to meeting nice people and making new friends and growing our buisness

Old 07-20-2010, 07:56 AM

20 posts, read 66,840 times
What is the nature of your business? Some businesses will require close proximity to a large city to do well.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:22 PM

10 posts, read 34,511 times
Default Hi Tampa is really a nice vicinity

Tampa International Airport is a really well-designed, and lovely facility

I worked fulltime at a very large hdqtrs city/county library reference desk for 8 years and thoroughly loved all the variety of people that I met; Germans, Canadians, Africans (various areas of Africa) and of course lots and lots of emigres in from the troubles in Haiti. You'll want at some time to schedule a daytrip in to eat a special meal at the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City (dates back to the 1920s I believe); and on another day the Spaghetti Warehouse, also in Ybor City.

VERY SPECIFIC reference: old-Florida beach that is very very peaceful, serence, NONdaytona bch, NON beer-drinkin' experience.

CALADESI Island is one of the BEST beach experiences POSSIBLE, short of Hawaii. You want to drive to the area, they have you park your car in a paved lot, carry your cooler up to a ticket window, get a ferry ticket, then about 2x per hour the ferry goes over the intercoastal (20-25 min at most) and then you are in a NATURE RESERVE beach area..

Phenomenally lovely experience. CANNOT exaggerate my recommendation of this. Our family is florida from Miami in the 1920s. I am btw 45-50 yrs old. I don't go sunbathing day after day in Florida in the summer. My favorite situation is to be there when the air temp is about 66-68 degrees.

Peace and good luck to ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or