Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 09:26 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
It is about time! Florida has been off the asians radar for too long. It is a shame they care coming here in mass now that I am heading out. I like the cultural enrichment that they bring to where they live.
Not to mention their better education and median income
Asian Households Have Highest Income, Blacks the Lowest - Real Time Economics - WSJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 02:08 AM

313 posts, read 647,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I think it's good.

I live in broward county and rarely see asians.... Unless I go to the local Chinese take-out place, etc.
So, I'm looking forward to seeing more Asians aound. It does make the state more diverse, as it sometimes seems just Hispanic...... and that's it.

Bring the Asians.
Western Miramar and Pembroke Pines have a huge Asian presence, probably the largest concentration in the state.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:17 AM

371 posts, read 940,786 times
how about Tampa? what's the Asian population like there?

also Tampa is still not doing good huh? how come? a lot of other cities in the US have recovered some, how come not Tampa and FL? Not enough tourists, jobs or something? How come it's still in the deep water I am worried to move to FL and value of my house go down further or neighborhood turns into a crappy area.

also this http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...st-money/?_r=1

Old 09-26-2013, 07:59 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclealbertt View Post
Western Miramar and Pembroke Pines have a huge Asian presence, probably the largest concentration in the state.
I've lived in these areas and have Asian friends from there, it's growing and becoming more visible but definitely not huge, not even by Florida standards. Florida Asian population is mostly in Tampa Bay and Central Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaythen01 View Post
how about Tampa? what's the Asian population like there?
Tampa, the city proper has a spread out Asian population, but Tampa Bay overall probably has the largest Asian concentration and population in Florida. Most live in the Pinellas side on the north side of the county in St. Pete and Pinellas Park. Mostly southeast Asian, Vietnamese are the biggest segment.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:20 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,185 times
I notice a lot more Asians in South Florida. Not a bad thing either, glad to see an increase in diversity.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:13 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
They are really discovering Sarasota - I have never seen so many Asians here as I have this past year.... wonder why? It's definitely nice to see.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:49 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
They are really discovering Sarasota - I have never seen so many Asians here as I have this past year.... wonder why? It's definitely nice to see.
I'm begging one of them to open a decent Chinese restaurant.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
I'm begging one of them to open a decent Chinese restaurant.
I've never tried Yummy House, but that place is always packed and the reviews have been mostly excellent. Have you tried it? (on the north Trail)

Old 09-26-2013, 06:07 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I've never tried Yummy House, but that place is always packed and the reviews have been mostly excellent. Have you tried it? (on the north Trail)
Yes and meh. I'm sure it's fine but it's maybe more authentic than I want. All I want is good Americanized Chinese food. In fact all I want is decent egg fried rice. Is that too much to ask!!

Old 09-26-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
Yes and meh. I'm sure it's fine but it's maybe more authentic than I want. All I want is good Americanized Chinese food. In fact all I want is decent egg fried rice. Is that too much to ask!!
How is P.F. Changs then - have you tried that? I've been wanting to go, but I think it's probably not for a diabetic diet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida