U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-14-2006, 10:54 PM

2 posts, read 8,372 times

Advertisements

hey guys Im planning to relocate from miami to a more rural area. I want to know if anybody here has information on keystone heights. If anybody lives there can you please give me information on this area. Its located in clay county in between jacksonville and gainesville. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2006, 10:35 AM

47 posts, read 195,305 times
I live near Keystone Heights. It's a small, but pleasant town. There are many lakes in the area, including one (Lake Geneva) in town, with a nice public park. There are a few restaurants and shopping centers, and a golf course. It's an easy drive to Gainesville (21 miles) where you can find everything.
The cost of living is probably reasonable. Don't know about the schools. Crime doesn't seem to be a problem, except for some vandalism at the public park a while back.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 8,372 times
Hey BUP do you know anything about the area big tree lakes? I'm planning to buy a vacant lot there.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:59 PM

47 posts, read 195,305 times
Default Keystone Heights

No, I haven't heard of Big Tree Lakes. We've had a drought in the area for a few years now. This year has been especially bad. A lot of lakes in the area (we own property on a lake about 10 miles away) have gone way down. We had to tear down our dock, as have many others. We have a heck of a wide, sandy beach, though.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,073 times
Default big tree lakes

Hi, I live in Big tree Lakes, it's a deed restricted community, the fees are about $50 per annum and it's very rural. There is a school at Macrae a few miles away on the 315 c. Keystone heights is 6 miles away. Post me if you require any further info.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:44 PM

495 posts, read 1,538,722 times
Big Tree Estates is a big area. Try to get paved road frontage if possible or at least locate with the least distance down a dirt road.

At least the dirt roads are county maintained so they never are as bad as those in Highridge estates.

Big tree has a mixture of new doublewides and quite a few site built homes.Alll the doublewides look new and are skirted so there are no real trashy trailers that I know of like in High Ridge Estates.

Most of it is high and dry but some of the land south of Smith Lake is in the 100 year flood plain.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 3,960 times
Default Big Tree Lakes Property Owners Association

I just came upon this site and thought I would update everyone on Big Tree Lakes Property Owners Association.

Yes it is a Deed Restricted Association. All mobile homes brought in must be brand new. Some areas are restricted to homes only. I.E. Lake Margie area. Some areas have restrictions on the house size. There are approximately 21 miles of roads some are maintained by the association and some the county. You would have to call the office or the county to see which roads are county maintained. The obvious county maintained ones are usually paved. Big Tree has just started a scheduled maintainance with their contracted "road grader" to grade the roads every 3 months. We are hoping that this helps with the road conditions. We know that the roads are everyone's biggest concerns and we are working on them. There are a little over 1,900 properties in Big Tree and the annual dues are $48.64 per lot. Even if you purchase 2 lots and incorporate the lots with the county you still must pay $48.64/lot with Big Tree.

I hope this helps with some of the questions or concerns about Big Tree. The board is an all volunteer board, most are new this year and are really working to make Big Tree a pleasant place for our homeowners to live.

If you have any questions the office number is 352-473-7744

Old 11-03-2009, 02:07 PM

2 posts, read 6,182 times
I would like to know if big tree has changed there restrictions on farm animals if they have not then there is a family that lives below me on sequoia off silver sands that has chickens and the rooster crows 24-7 something needs to be done unless you can have other farm animals now because I have a few in mind.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,182 times
Question need info

I would like to know if big tree has changed there restrictions on farm animals if they have not then there is a family that lives below me on sequoia off silver sands that has chickens and the rooster crows 24-7 something needs to be done unless you can have other farm animals now because I have a few in mind.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debra segars View Post
The only thing Big Tree Lakes Association homeowners are allowed to have are domestic animals like dogs, cats, and 1 horse per acre.

If you are having a problem with neighbors owning Goats, Pigs, Cows, Chickens, roosters, call Big Tree Lakes Association and they will contact you as soon as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida