Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 05:24 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,728,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsystar View Post
Why don't YOU leave if you don't like the "caliber" of people living in FL, then??? For some reason my original comment was cut by some moderator person which isn't fair because the above post is beyond derogatory. Intelligent people don't clump all of a state's transplants into a negative category. I'm sure many of the transplants here are more sophisticated than the FL natives. If someone deletes my comment then they should delete this guy's as well.
We always get clumped into one big negative catagory, no matter what. I am used to it... At least I stuck it out for almost 17 years down here. I'm not a fly by night transient.....

Old 09-26-2010, 11:11 PM

228 posts, read 533,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandoyankee View Post
I truly abhor what the developers and politicians have done to FL over the past 30 years.
Not sure how developers caused the problems......They only develop because there is a market or demand. Without them you and many others would not be living here, shopping here, working here and so on.

Quote:
Why don't YOU leave if you don't like the "caliber" of people living in FL, then??? For some reason my original comment was cut by some moderator person which isn't fair because the above post is beyond derogatory. Intelligent people don't clump all of a state's transplants into a negative category. I'm sure many of the transplants here are more sophisticated than the FL natives. If someone deletes my comment then they should delete this guy's as well.
Nah, I think I will stick around a little longer, although I have considered it. I would miss the great summers we have here.
I didn't mean to "clump" all transplants into a negative category, nowhere did I say "all" or "every". Sorry if you interrupted it that way.
Also, your comment about sophistication gave me a good laugh, thanks!
Go ahead and DM your original comment if you feel the need.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:22 AM

485 posts, read 1,698,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Developer View Post
Not sure how developers caused the problems......They only develop because there is a market or demand. Without them you and many others would not be living here, shopping here, working here and so on.

Nah, I think I will stick around a little longer, although I have considered it. I would miss the great summers we have here.
I didn't mean to "clump" all transplants into a negative category, nowhere did I say "all" or "every". Sorry if you interrupted it that way.
Also, your comment about sophistication gave me a good laugh, thanks!
Go ahead and DM your original comment if you feel the need.
Hmm, I don't see how the comment about some FL transplants being more sophisticated than natives "gave you a good laugh." It's the plain truth. You can't tell me that a transplanted New Yorker isn't likely to be more sophisticated than a Yeehaw Junction local. Get real.

And I think you meant "interpreted" rather than "interrupted." But what do I know, I'm originally from the Midwest, not Florida.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:48 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,225,199 times
Quote:
bingo

Old 09-27-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
And I think you meant "interpreted" rather than "interrupted." But what do I know, I'm originally from the Midwest, not Florida.
spell check wins again.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:30 AM

Developers were fine. Until they got greedy as hell, built up all over the place, housing crashed and we are left with half built houses, buildings... Fields with foundations and pipes sticking up with nothing there. Looks great. Come down to Lee County and see it for yourself....

Old 09-27-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Developers were fine. Until they got greedy as hell, built up all over the place, housing crashed and we are left with half built houses, buildings... Fields with foundations and pipes sticking up with nothing there. Looks great. Come down to Lee County and see it for yourself....
Why blame the developers? Normally in residential developments, homes do not start construction unless there is a contract with an owner. Obviously, the potential owner had problems if there are half built houses everywhere.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:45 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,225,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
The developers didn't cause the bubble. The federal reserve did with low interest rates for loans.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:59 AM

I worked at an apartment complex in Cape Coral. It was bought by a development company in 2005. They came in, made everyone move out, many people were pissed, but they strong armed them(they did this to 3 other properties in the area also). They painted this, painted that, put trees in, granite countertops, etc. basically dressing up cheaply built, crap apartments. They bragged about how they were going to sell these apartments for $200,000 to $350,000 becasue they were going to "make a killing", where are they now? BANKRUPT. The property was taken back by the bank. To this day it is still half empty. So was it worth it to displace 285 families because of greed, I THINK NOT!!!! NOT ALL developers are bad, but there are some that make other look bad. Politicians and bank, we all know screw us over regularly.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Why blame the developers? Normally in residential developments, homes do not start construction unless there is a contract with an owner. Obviously, the potential owner had problems if there are half built houses everywhere.
True, BUT a lot of the houses down here half built it was both at fault, owner and developer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida