Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 03:49 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenge2ful View Post
Numerous real life incidents show that guns saved lifes...
Source?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 06:22 PM

296 posts, read 228,495 times
So many reports on tv,papers,sites..

Old 09-18-2010, 07:25 PM

Okay then...

Old 09-18-2010, 08:19 PM

749 posts, read 2,438,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
So I guess you don't see how brandishing a gun on somebody can be bullying and threatening?

A civilized society doesn't need a bunch of loons running around with guns.

Might I ask what situations you were in when you needed a gun?

---------------------

I too question why this guy couldn't just roll up his windows, lock his doors and gun it (no pun) out of there.

A few months ago in VA I was driving home at night. I must have done something to tick this lady off because she started following me, or so I thought. When I got over the bridge to where my neighborhood was (it's on the right side) I got into the left lane, then signaled over to the right. Sure enough, she did the same. I went further down the road and made a U-Turn in the middle of the road, so did she. Called the cops at this point and told them what was going on and I was driving to the police station. Along the way there was an officer on the opposite side of the road with somebody pulled over and I asked the dispatcher if I should pull over there. She said yes so I signaled to make the turn towards the cop. Crazy lady went slowly by me and continued up the road.

Crazies aren't just in FL and there are other ways of dealing with it besides blowing the other guy away.
Exactly.....and did he have a cell phone on him? If so he could have called 911. He could have done a number of things to prevent this and by not tailgating and being an aggressive driver in the first place. Couple that with the fact that he killed an unnarmed man and this case reeks of wrongdoing. I think he'll face charges eventually and if not it may be possible he could still face a wrongful death lawsuit.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:23 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,158 times
Seems like people who failed everywhere else eventually end up in Florida.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:30 PM

89 posts, read 189,045 times
I plan to relocate to North California eventually. I am sooooo! sick of South Florida

Old 09-18-2010, 08:36 PM

89 posts, read 189,045 times
Default Blame it on the weather

I know what you mean. Sometimes it is so hot and humid I can't stand myself much less other annoying people, but I wouldnt shoot anyone.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:22 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Seems like people who failed everywhere else eventually end up in Florida.
Your post failed.
Where do you live?

Old 09-19-2010, 06:31 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
So I guess you don't see how brandishing a gun on somebody can be bullying and threatening?

A civilized society doesn't need a bunch of loons running around with guns.

The person who was shot jumped out of his car and reached into the other guys car. I don't see how you figure the guy with the gun was brandishing and bullying.

Might I ask what situations you were in when you needed a gun?

I have been shot, I have been stabbed, had a psycho pull a butcher knife out of a bunch of magazines on the subway on me and a few more instances where if I had a gun at the time I may not have had to deal with pain every day for the last 20 years.

---------------------

I too question why this guy couldn't just roll up his windows, lock his doors and gun it (no pun) out of there.

When you are right behind someone at a stop light you are looking straight ahead. By the time you realize the guy got out of the passenger side and is coming toward you there is not going to be time to get the window rolled up.
And where was he going to gun it? Right into the guy that is coming to him?
filla

Old 09-19-2010, 08:38 AM

Where were you when you were shot? What year and what subway were you on when had a knife pulled on you (not sure if that's when you got stabbed or not... hard to tell from your post)

He could have gunned it the other direction, no?

One of the main points in driver education is to make sure you leave enough room between you and the car in front of you (usually so you can see their back tires on the ground) so if somebody does come at you, you're not boxed in.

Why couldn't the murderer have just layed on horn? I'm sure there were other people around and by laying on the horn it would have drawn more attention.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida