Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:07 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times

Advertisements

I have read posts where people have moved from one part to another in FL. I know this question will vary from person to person but what area do you think is the most desirable? Those who have lived in South FL and then relocated to a different part was it a positive thing to do? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 12:21 PM

810 posts, read 1,578,982 times
Sweety it's not gonna get better. You're young right? i visited other towns in Florida and they are so boring. you will either get more of the same in the big cities or die of boredom in those small towns full of senior citizens who you have nothing in common with.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:07 AM

27,217 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I have read posts where people have moved from one part to another in FL. I know this question will vary from person to person but what area do you think is the most desirable? Those who have lived in South FL and then relocated to a different part was it a positive thing to do? Thank you.
Disregard the other post's inaccuracies.

I grew up in South Florida (over 20 years), lived in the Orlando area for 8 years and just recently moved to the Tampa Bay area after living outside of Florida for many years. The short answer to your question is yes. Moving from South Florida was a great thing for me. I didn't find Orlando to be my cup of tea (too conservative, and yes boring) but find the Tampa Bay area to be the perfect blend of Florida living with its beaches/recreation and urban lifestyle, without the massive congestion and high crime.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:10 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
I can't speak for SEFL(Miami areas), but I live in SWFL, and it is THEEE single most boring area of FL I have ever lived in. I have lived in Melbourne/Palm Bay, Bradenton, Winter Park, and Lake Wales(very boring). Of all of them, for me, Orlando and Melbourne were so much better than down here. What you have to do is take a trip to a few places for a day or 2, to see if you may like it. The biggest thing that made me leave Orland is the traffic... Terrible traffic there. And that was in the early to mid 1990's. From what I read on CD the crime has gone up a lot. I liked it there.

Melbourne and the area around it was great. I went to the beach there 1,000 times more often than here. Fort myers beach sucks as far as I am concerned. I have gone there 4 times since 2005. The east coast beaches I like better. Small town, city.... It depends on what YOU like. Don't let another member tell you everywhere is boring except SFL. that would be HER opinion. Sometimes change is good, refreshing. I am even considering going to another part of FL and staying in FL. I just do not like in down here in SWFL. Take a look around and make it a point to visit the places that spark interest.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:31 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
I wouldn't want to live in SW Florida, the Space Coast, or the Panhandle, but the rest of Florida works for me to various extents.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:20 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Please no one make the mistake of including SARASOTA in "SW Florida." Sarasota is a spectacular place to live, with the most beautiful beaches in Florida, a fabulous vibrant downtown, and is a cosmopolitan city with a lot of arts and culture, a circus heritage and an Amish village. For me, the best place in Florida to live. There are a lot of artists here, three nationally renowned small colleges, and a diverse mix of all kinds of people, from different countries and the United States - all in an eco-friendly environment and with a live-and-let-live vibe.

As a Florida native, I am the happiest I have ever been in my life living here where I live. (Was born in Tampa)

Good luck to you, there are many nice places in Florida to live, this area just happens to be my personal favorite!

Old 10-24-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Please no one make the mistake of including SARASOTA in "SW Florida." Sarasota is a spectacular place to live, with the most beautiful beaches in Florida, a fabulous vibrant downtown, and is a cosmopolitan city with a lot of arts and culture, a circus heritage and an Amish village. For me, the best place in Florida to live. There are a lot of artists here, three nationally renowned small colleges, and a diverse mix of all kinds of people, from different countries and the United States - all in an eco-friendly environment and with a live-and-let-live vibe.

As a Florida native, I am the happiest I have ever been in my life living here where I live. (Was born in Tampa)

Good luck to you, there are many nice places in Florida to live, this area just happens to be my personal favorite!
I agree 100%.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:20 PM

Vibrant? oh dear! the girl is not retiring, have some mercy! The median age is 50 years old, way above the national average, 36 years old!!!
Danielle I know people told you not to listen to me but check this video, is this exciting and new? I don't think so, stay in south florida or move to another state. Thank God for youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0P8k9NzBFU

EDIT:
if you feel like you need to see more seniors just travel down south to the county with the oldest median age IN THE UNITED STATES not Florida, the whole freaking USA!!!!!, Charlotte county. No Danielle, this place is not for you now, disregard it.

Last edited by Hialeah_Rules; 10-24-2010 at 02:33 PM..

Old 10-24-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
Vibrant? oh dear! the girl is not retiring, have some mercy! The median age is 50 years old, way above the national average, 36 years old!!!
Danielle I know people told you not to listen to me but check this video, is this exciting and new? I don't think so, stay in south florida or move to another state. Thank God for youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0P8k9NzBFU
Your posts make me laugh. There is more to FL than Hialeah...... Or Miami. Or SFL for that matter.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:42 PM

LIke what Estero??? Dude don't get so defensive. She is a young girl, not a retired senior. She asked us to compare South Florida to other towns, she will get more of the same in Orlando and Tampa, or she will be around seniors in those small Forida towns/

I didn't say Hialeah was the coolest so don't make up lies,this is what I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
Sweety it's not gonna get better. You're young right? i visited other towns in Florida and they are so boring. you will either get more of the same in the big cities or die of boredom in those small towns full of senior citizens who you have nothing in common with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida