U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 11:19 AM

2,313 posts, read 210,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
Well it would make sense to keep the gun in a compartment that you will not have to access for anything else.

I have a center console that I don't use for anything...it would be an easy thing to keep a hand gun in there...AND only take it out if I were threatened.
Do you have the skills to use a gun to protect yourself? If not, you don't need a gun, if you do or plan to get the training and go to the range a develop the skills then get a permit and do it right. Otherwise you don't need to be handling a gun you don't know how to shoot. I doubt I read more then a couple of stories a year about citizens successfully defending themselves with a hand gun. Like I said in another post, I know people who own guns who have never fired them and may have never fired a gun in their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 03:27 PM

270 posts, read 390,863 times
Default ............

if you are going to carry a weapon illegaly..(which I dont reccomend)hide it under your cup holder,inside the center console...it isnt visible and at the same time easilly accessible....but I reccomend geeting a license instead...Its fairly simple,go to the gun class,send application package including your info,fingerprints,photo,money..you should receive it through the mail within 45 days..

Old 07-06-2007, 03:57 PM

2,227 posts, read 5,770,523 times
but it isnt illegal to carry a weapon in your vehicle.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:48 PM

270 posts, read 390,863 times
Default ........

basically its only illegal if you have it within arms reach,loaded and ready to go...but three steps or more from firing is o.k....example..in a carrying case or glovebox,you would have to open box,reach for weapon,load weapon then shoot..or any other multiple step combination..basically it keeps road rage from making you shoot someone, as you have more time to think it through..but once you have the license,you are trained to handle a gun, and know its not a toy,so you are now free to carry a gun around,like the old western days,being a trained professional and all(not)..actually you dont know much more about guns but you paid $180,so we will let you slide...

Old 07-06-2007, 04:52 PM

913 posts, read 2,474,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
Why not just get a permit?
And Training...

Old 07-06-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
but it isnt illegal to carry a weapon in your vehicle.
It isn't illegal to transport a gun, thats what the law is saying, but is will become illegal once you put your hand on it with all the baggage that comes along with it.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
And Training...
See one of my other posts in this thread.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,269 times
go here [url]http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/florida.pdf[/url] and you will what you can and can not do.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:53 PM

5,643 posts, read 4,010,992 times
You cannot bring a gun onto school property whether in a locked car or with a CCW permit.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:08 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
You cannot bring a gun onto school property whether in a locked car or with a CCW permit.
Thus the reason I'm glad I don't go to school anymore. College campuses are perfect targets for people willing to ignore that unconstitutional law and go on a rampage like in the case of VA Tech because they know their victims are unarmed. Trust me, one armed student or teacher could have turned that into the VA Tech murder, not massacre. Better yet, maybe the killer would have thought twice about his chances of capping 30+ innocent students and just shot himself instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida