Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rick Scott or Alex Sink
Rick Scott 22 30.56%
Alex Sink 32 44.44%
Other 6 8.33%
Not sure 2 2.78%
Don't care 10 13.89%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 03:00 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times

Advertisements

Neither of them seem that great to me, but if I had to pick, it would be Rick Scott.

How about you?

Old 10-26-2010, 03:27 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
voting for the third party guy (peter allen --- some of his platform sounds like the green party, but i can support most of the rest of it). I really think either of the mainstream candidates flat out suck

Peter Allen for Governor - Real Change for Florida (http://peter4governor.com/governor/ - broken link)

Old 10-26-2010, 03:54 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,331,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
voting for the third party guy (peter allen
What the hell kind of double-speak is this from his website:

"Maintain a social safety net based on the goal of self sufficiency and self responsibility"

Oh, I get it, he means eliminate the safety nets. Well, why didn't he just say so?

His website doesn't even have his picture on it. Will he be governing from inside that paper bag as well?

I didn't read much of it but did manage to catch this, what I guess is a sentence? No doubt something he learned while attending one of Jeb's publicly funded religious school...

"School Tax Investigate the high cost of Public Schools, Provide for more Private and Charter Schools our current system provides that teachers are Government employee’s and therefore are regulated by the union’s standards for paid holidays and Insurance benefits, by providing for more Schools other than Public we can cut down the cost of Education in Florida, and this works for most State Government Depts if we use more out sourcing to Companies who are licensed in Florida, the cost of a project ends with the completion of the project and final payment, with Government employee’s the cost continues in the way of benefits vacations Holidays and by using Licensed Florida Companies we are putting our money right back into our own economy."

This guy looks to be just in time for Halloween.

Wayyyyy tooooo creeeeeepyyyyyyyyy.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:36 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
I know people that are just not going to vote for Gov this time around when they go in to fill out the ballot, which tells me neither are great choices. For Republicans not to vote for a republican says a lot to me about the canidates. After watching two of the debates with these two. I like some talking points of each actually. I am going with my gut instinct which is usually right on things, and my gut right now is saying stay far away from Rick Scott. Scott just seems slimy like that that guy that ran against Meek this summer, Jeff Greene. It also bothers me that Scott has only lived in Florida for 7 years, does he really know Florida well enough to be Gov of Florida after 7 years only. In my opinion probably not. Sink doesn't seem like she has all the answers, but for me she is the lesser of two bad choices.

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-26-2010 at 04:45 PM..

Old 10-26-2010, 04:57 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I know people that are just not going to vote for Gov this time around when they go in to fill out the ballot, which tells me neither are great choices. For Republicans not to vote for a republican says a lot to me about the canidates. After watching two of the debates with these two. I like some talking points of each actually. I am going with my gut instinct which is usually right on things, and my gut right now is saying stay far away from Rick Scott. Scott just seems slimy like that that guy that ran against Meek this summer, Jeff Greene. It also bothers me that Scott has only lived in Florida for 7 years, does he really know Florida well enough to be Gov of Florida after 7 years only. In my opinion probably not. Sink doesn't seem like she has all the answers, but for me she is the lesser of two bad choices.
I agree.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:13 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Sink all the way.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:58 PM

42 posts, read 74,990 times
"None of the above" seems like the best option.

As I state employee, I have to grudingly pick Sink. I'm so tired of Scott demonizing state workers. And I don't know where he gets these ideas that our pay and benefits are so outstanding.

Florida state employees are among the lowest paid in the nation.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:11 PM

137 posts, read 407,696 times
I agree with the above poster. The state of Florida has been hammering state employees for decades. Rick Scott wants to pretty much eliminate state government altogether. State employees haven't had a raise in 5 years. With him, we won't have to worry about getting a raise because all of us will be in the unemployment line............

Old 10-26-2010, 06:11 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
No doubt something he learned while attending one of Jeb's publicly funded religious school...

Actually, this guy has some liberal ideas too:

• Enact a Health Care Bill of Rights to provide basic health care to all of Florida's legal residents, and to protect the rights of citizens to freely exercise self interest in choosing health care.
  • Eliminate corporate welfare through public funding of professional sports stadiums and other commercial enterprises
  • Pursue balanced trade programs that promote the economic interest and welfare of all our citizens and safeguard our national security.
  • Protect our environmental heritage by supporting the conservation of natural resources.

So yeah, if you actually read his website, you probably wouldn't have made that ignorant comment about him and Jeb bush

Old 10-26-2010, 06:24 PM

3 posts, read 4,896 times
I liked Bill McCollum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida