U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:08 AM

4,723 posts, read 12,394,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
They can afford hair extensions, that's for sure. How come the poor, poverty stricken usually drive Escalades and have gold teeth?
Because the "man" is buying weed & crack and business is good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 12:34 PM

17,297 posts, read 25,647,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale
These teens were obiously raised by the streets, not their parents, and when you are raised like that, in an envrionment like PBC, well, you have a serious tension that causes a crime problem that may take many, many years to overcome. It's a little bit like the tensions that are in Miami...
I ONLY ever buy the "economic motive" of crime when it comes to property and theft crime (even then, I just barely buy it!) There is NEVER a satisfactory economic motive for violent crimes against the person, however. Rape, assault, battery.... not exactly catching the economic motive... maybe some bizarre psychological "power" thing... but that seems like a cop out for the weak willed.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:46 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,740,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I ONLY ever buy the "economic motive" of crime when it comes to property and theft crime (even then, I just barely buy it!) There is NEVER a satisfactory economic motive for violent crimes against the person, however. Rape, assault, battery.... not exactly catching the economic motive... maybe some bizarre psychological "power" thing... but that seems like a cop out for the weak willed.
If you watched the extremely graphic video, you would note them saying things like "WE aint broke mo***** in da 561". Where do you think the attitude comes from in most inner city areas? You live broke, you don't want to be broke anymore, so you become a thug, and legal or illegal, your not broke anymore. Ever notice how miserable you feel when a hurricane moves through and your typical resources are not present? Well, they live like this in the inner city every day, except of course they have electricity and running water. After a while, when you live in those conditions, you become miserable enough that one starts to think about releasing their angst in violent ways, and that is where the domestic aspect (rape, battery) starts to come into play. This is where the "ghetto" culture emerges from, pure human misery, or in some cases (like the welfare abusers) laziness. This attitude breeds in any inner city environment, but even more so when the poorer youth with unfit parents are living across the water from extravagant wealth, and being raised by the ghetto culture.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:08 PM

3 posts, read 8,144 times
So much of Florida is an armpit. Of course there are many good, decent people here, but there are so many skanky people and skanky towns it is scary. I had a place in Wellington and because of the hurricanes I sold it (like a fool) and moved further north near Mineola Fl. It is really a hole up here. Reminds me of a slum. Wellington, Palm Beach (the real PB on A1A), and Bocca seem to be the only decent areas. I wish I never left. Now I can't afford the nutty prices in Wellington or Bocca, and I will have over 400k in cash once my house here sells. I am so mad I sold my beautifull house in Wellington near the Polo Fields. It was nice.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:48 PM

553 posts, read 1,760,647 times
This stuff happens everywhere,some worse then others. its just when it happens in your area do you feel it and hear it more.There is trash everywhere.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:52 PM

553 posts, read 1,760,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
If you watched the extremely graphic video, you would note them saying things like "WE aint broke mo***** in da 561". Where do you think the attitude comes from in most inner city areas? You live broke, you don't want to be broke anymore, so you become a thug, and legal or illegal, your not broke anymore. Ever notice how miserable you feel when a hurricane moves through and your typical resources are not present? Well, they live like this in the inner city every day, except of course they have electricity and running water. After a while, when you live in those conditions, you become miserable enough that one starts to think about releasing their angst in violent ways, and that is where the domestic aspect (rape, battery) starts to come into play. This is where the "ghetto" culture emerges from, pure human misery, or in some cases (like the welfare abusers) laziness. This attitude breeds in any inner city environment, but even more so when the poorer youth with unfit parents are living across the water from extravagant wealth, and being raised by the ghetto culture.
You know what I say to that GET A JOB and do something about it. Stealing and becoming violent is a cop out.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:55 PM

975 posts, read 3,430,253 times
What exactly qualifies as "way worse" than this? If they crucified them after they were done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLI2L View Post
I have heard way worse about California. Maybe that's where these criminals have migrated from?

Old 07-11-2007, 05:55 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,740,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
You know what I say to that GET A JOB and do something about it. Stealing and becoming violent is a cop out.
How do the youth get jobs, who commit most of the crimes? Did you know its Plus, I mentioned "welfare abusers". I think that covers what you just said. This isn't the politics and other controversies board, so I will end this from here.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 07-11-2007 at 06:22 PM..

Old 07-11-2007, 06:02 PM

22,553 posts, read 47,245,506 times
Please understand that we had a white couple that was car-jacked, raped, tortured at least for several hours, the girl was made to pour bleach down her throat, and killed. This was in Knoxville.

Don't know about it? The national media did not pick it up. It was horrific. They did not know their attackers. They were not asking for it. The national media did not cover it, on a very slow news day. Yet they still were carrying Duke rape case coverage.

There were a couple protests from racist groups that came from throughout the country. I guess the national media didn't want to give them any attention. I can understand that.

I can't stand prejudice of any kind, but this has to be reverse discrimination, and I worked for the media for many years.

I am disgusted.

Watch this:

YouTube - HUSH 2316. MjolnirProductions

Old 07-11-2007, 06:18 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,254,851 times
[quote=triton1;1044404]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
You know, WPB USED TO be nice safe and clean!! I grew up in Orlando, I had a friedn in WPB (rich kid too) and he said that place was very clean and safe (that was like 5 or 6 years ago).

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED??? Is it like MetroWest in Orlando... a nice and expensive area that was invaded by American and illegal alien barbarians??? QUOTE]

what a coincidence! 5 or 6 years ago, the idiots George W Bush and Dick Cheney took office! in fact, from what I heard, violent crime has been creeping up all over the united states, probably because those republican bozos have opened the gates to illegals and are likely even cutting funding/employment to the police departments!
What happened was slick willie gave out more welfare and freebies to those lazy asses who are so fat they have to use a cart at Wal Mart to get there free food.
The welfare sector grew under freebie willie and once billary takes over you will see social FREE insurance which which brankrupt all of us who pay for our insurance and WORK for it. NO freebies anymore, work for it or go without.

Uhm.. last I checked there were more DEMO RATS or LOONEY LIBS I call them voting to stop the building of the wall and voted agaisnt the bill to stop the illegals from getting drive licenses.

You have it backwards, libs love the illegals, they got caught helping them fill out voter regisration cards and still lost in 04.

Dont blame the illegals on one party, blame us ALL because we hired and voted in yet more dit wits who are going to open the borders even more so they can vote in 08.

The illegals is OUR problem, the answer is shutting down welfare totally to those who can work ( not against sick or for real disabled people getting some help ), fining the companies like 100k per person for hiring the illegals, adding HUGE tariffs for good coming into our country so our people can produce the things we need and spending BILLIONS on removing the illegals from our country.

We are in a mess people and I blame all parties, your congressman did this, they all did this and until you hold those people accountable it is going to get worse.

By the way, no one has a right to whine or ***** about anything unless they vote in the elections, your vote counts and should be heard, if you dont vote your vote after the fact means nothing. You MUST get involved.

The jobs the illegals are doing that GW says we wont do, well, its time the welfare people do those jobs by focusing them to work. Do you know the lazy asses amoung us get their welfare checks before my mother in law gets her social security when my FIL worked 45 years and paid for it?

I would vote for any bill that gives the welfare abusers 6 months to find a job because your check is not in the mail after that. Take that money and send all the illegals home, built the damn fence and tariff all goods coming in.

GW isnt smart enought but he needs to put a total freeze on prices for 6 months to stop the gouging of the American people.

Sorry for the rant but I am sick of this... We need to do something and if people get more involved we CAN fix it.

I sent a letter to Mike Dewine about the illegals, all the freak did was tell me in a letter back that we need to fill certain jobs, I voted against him for that letter, we dont need outsider illegals doing any job, get the welfare theives to do those jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or