U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-17-2006, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,395 times

Advertisements

If I were planning to relocate, I would have a difficult time with choosing to live in a state where mother nature has so much potential power to destroy. Having an exciting adventurous life is one thing, but experiencing a flattened home is another. Where I live here in Bisbee Az is so ideal.
It's pleasant day after day after day.
I just met some folks who live in Lakeland, Florida who have decided to move here because they have been threatened one too many times.
So, here is one place has been totally left alone ( except for summer thunder storms which are no big deal).
John
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2006, 12:43 PM

1,130 posts, read 158,347 times
That sounds like a safe place. But with mother nature and the earthquakes out west, you just never know if you are safe anywhere.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:59 PM

here's why

Old 07-17-2006, 06:16 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,177,322 times
We were married on Boca Grande. Beautiful beautiful!

Old 07-17-2006, 06:21 PM

We just shot a wedding there. It was gorgeous. (we are videographers)

Well its a hot one today!
Wish I was at that beach right now

Today's forecast: Rain
Well, you need some rain sometime!
Have a great evening everybody

Last edited by Marka; 07-20-2006 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: merged

Old 07-23-2006, 10:25 AM

2,227 posts, read 5,883,255 times
if i didnt live in fla, and have so many family and friends here, my wife and i would probably like arizona and give it a try.

Old 07-23-2006, 11:48 AM

12,744 posts, read 12,023,789 times
Talking Madrid Fault Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom
BY THE WAY, I meant to put in a different ICon up there, not the smily guy and I don't know how to change it

HURRICANE INFO

If anybody is not moving to Florida because of hurricanes then why would they want to move to, let's say to the midwest where there are TORNADOS, FLOODS, SNOW STORMS ETC.

How about California??? wild FIRES
MUDSLIDES
EARTHQUAKES????
They can happen out west in many of those states btw...

OK, now if buyers are concerned about the hurricanes, you can have them up along the whole East Coast
States: Georgia, S. Carolina, N. Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delware, Jersey,
New York!!!!

Gulf Coast: New Orleans, Mississippi, Texas are a few states that can get hit.

Now at least with a HURRICANE we get notified way in advance of the storms approach.

With Earthquakes and Tornados there is no warning at all.

FLOODING: Who knew how bad Pa and NJ and NY and Maryland, West Virginia were going to get hit a month ago??? Homes were swept away in some parts.

A Tornado came through New York last week and demolished homes in Westchester.

So, if you are wondering about moving to Florida but are unsure about the hurricanes, remember this, bad weather happens everywhere
Just in Florida you have great weather almost 365 days a year
You forgot to mention the Madrid Fault Line in Tennessee one of the most active earth quake fault lines in the world

Old 07-23-2006, 12:05 PM

13,496 posts, read 25,464,508 times
John, we've noticed that AZ has no bad weather, only a lot of summer high temps. It's probably not much warmer then other areas since you have no humidity. We've never been to Az. and wondered if you have plushness there? Do you have palm trees and flowers and grass or is it mainly cactii and barren desert?

Old 08-08-2006, 04:45 AM

165 posts, read 489,085 times
Red face natural disasters

Hey you pay your money and you take your chances.... Everywhere has SOME natural disaster risks and all places can have fires...... LOL

Old 08-17-2006, 04:02 PM

Question Come to Florida!

Why? Because it still is a great place to be. Period. People are having hard times in alot of states with high taxes. New Jersey's taxes are crazy. So are New York's.
I know Massachusetts has very high taxes too. I hear they call it Taxachusetts there or Massataxes...
Come on, the Carolina's are going to get crowded too. Everybody is running from somewhere.
Do you think Florida is going to be a ghost town? I don't think so.
Yes the price of homes are higher than years before, taxes are going up.
But where do you ever here that taxes stay the same forever?
If you find a place like that, I wonder how great it is..
You could choose to move to a remote little town in Somewhere USA, but how long will it be before you run from there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida