Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Oddball
Jacksonville 22 48.89%
Orlando 4 8.89%
Tampa 5 11.11%
Miami 14 31.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 09:57 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Exactly. Who cares what a tourist thinks.

With all due respect, I don't understand why you would care if Jacksonville is part of the state or not. I mean, really? Really? Didn't you just move to Florida? Your sentiment seems a bit immature. Are you young? Because thinking that I would like a city to leave a state, especially a state I just moved to, would be the last thing I would have on my mind.
Boy you like to argue.

I'm not going around thinking about how to get GA to extend their state line to include Jax.

This is a forum about different areas. This topic is about certain cities. All I'm doing is adding my opinion to the thread.

You're getting hung up on the strangest little things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 10:07 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Coconut, how new are you to FL? You're not a native?

Old 02-27-2011, 12:15 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Boy you like to argue.

I'm not going around thinking about how to get GA to extend their state line to include Jax.

This is a forum about different areas. This topic is about certain cities. All I'm doing is adding my opinion to the thread.

You're getting hung up on the strangest little things.
Really?

I don't think you like someone calling you out. Your posts have been very bizarre.

You actually called north Florida a "nasty little pimple that SoFla just can't seem to get rid of." And you wrote it in a thread regarding medical marijuana. What's your deal?

You're from New Jersey, just moved from VA, and for some reason North Florida irritates you to the point of writing about it over and over. Why? is North Florida too Southern for you?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/18019080-post8.html

Old 02-27-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Really?

I don't think you like someone calling you out. Your posts have been very bizarre.

You actually called north Florida a "nasty little pimple that SoFla just can't seem to get rid of." And you wrote it in a thread regarding medical marijuana. What's your deal?

You're from New Jersey, just moved from VA, and for some reason North Florida irritates you to the point of writing about it over and over. Why? is North Florida too Southern for you?

Never woulda' guessed. I guess North FL isnt much like NJ, is it?

Old 02-27-2011, 01:59 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
Quote:
Really?

I suggest if they're too bizarre for you, you not read them.

I am from NJ, live in VA and am still scouring SoFla to buy my new home... I don't think there was any secret about that.

NoFla doesn't irritate me to the point of writing about it over and over.

I don't think it's getting through to you that this is a forum about LOCATIONS. If there is a thread about a location, why is it so wrong I post my opinion about it?

I don't know much about your posts since I don't see them often, but I know ComSense doesn't like Miami. Would I question him about posting his opinion on Miami on threads about FL cities or areas in FL? No. It's his opinion, he's entitled to it.

I'm not going around posting North Florida hate threads, I'm simply adding my 2 cents to ongoing threads about FL.

Again, this is a forum about different locations. If you don't like reading people's opinions on them then I believe you're on the wrong board.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:12 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Exactly, it's funny when people think "Miami" is "Florida." And that people think of FL as palm trees, ocean, beautiful women, and expensive cars. That is how Miami is portrayed. It isn't reality. Jax is much more like the real FL than Miami.
I wasn't trying to offend or step on toes! All I'm saying is, omitting the pipe dream part about the beautiful Lamborghini's and expensive women, why SHOULDN'T people think of palm trees and the ocean when they think of Florida? The whole state is practically carpeted in palm trees of one sort or another whether it's Sabal Palmettoes or Saw Palmettoes or the weird stuff people plant! It's the palmiest state in the union! Jacksonville included!

Beautiful houses in Jacksonville

A Jacksonville traffic cam

Quote:
Who says anyone wants you or anyone else to move anywhere? The forum is for asking questions and getting answers. It's not the Chamber of Commerce.

Florida is not a tourist poster. It's a real state. It's also a long and large state with different weather, people, flora and fauna.

Once again, I think the original question is bizarre. All of those cities are part of Florida. Anyone that thinks any of the cities do not belong in the state probably doesn't really understand Florida or its history.
I never said Miami doesn't belong in the state! I just said it's weird!
I have no problem with Jacksonville other than that it gets fall colors and I'm trying to escape that whole "season" thing!

Quote:
Huh? "The real Florida of Jacksonville?" What does that even mean?
It only meant what ever you meant in your quote as posted below.

Quote:
Exactly, it's funny when people think "Miami" is "Florida." And that people think of FL as palm trees, ocean, beautiful women, and expensive cars. That is how Miami is portrayed. It isn't reality. Jax is much more like the real FL than Miami.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:39 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Exactly, Reptoid. Jacksonville has palm trees, as well as beautiful Spanish moss that drips from the trees. It has an incredible Southern/Florida feel. Would I live there? Probably not on purpose, but I do know that there are other people that love the city. And an entire area - South Florida - doesn't care that it exists.

To call an area a "nasty little pimple that SoFla just can't seem to get rid of" on a forum and not expect to get a response is naive, at best, Coconut. And to speak for an area is strange, too. I wouldn't speak for my hometown, let alone for my adopted home. I assure you that South Florida doesn't particularly care what is going on in North Florida unless the governor is doing something that affects them.

Could you give us a source for South Florida wanting to get rid of North Florida?

Old 02-27-2011, 06:28 PM

I love the houses in Jax in the first pic!

Old 02-27-2011, 06:29 PM

Reptoid, Jax gets "fall colors" and has "seasons?" Did that happen overnight? Or did you hear that all the way over there in San Diego?

Old 02-27-2011, 06:59 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
Well, don't they have a few more deciduous trees than South Florida? As for Seasons, I require year round humidity and that's why I gravitate toward South Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida