U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:53 PM

631 posts, read 2,212,302 times

Advertisements

We must be ready to go to War with Iran now. It's time to herd everyone in again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 01:43 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,752,062 times
I think they would prefer a "soft" target like a shopping mall or tourist area like South Beach. Honestly, I am not worried about a terrorist attack in Florida. And I wonder how much goes on without the Government having inside knowledge.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:59 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,230,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Rico, IMHO the only way it'll affect the tourism industry is if there IS an attack or one is thwarted. That would put a scare into people wanting to attend the amusement parks. Or the other scenario for scaring off tourists would be if they were messing with airplanes again. So many of us have to use air travel to go to Fla. and I know it'd make me postpone a trip there and I'm sure there are a few others who would feel the same way. But as long as there isn't an actual attempt, I honestly don't believe the warnings would have an affect on tourism.
Fear for many can be the factor to look out for. Rumors about targeting cruise ships, airplanes, amusement parks, or state tourist areas can reduce the amount of people that will be interested in visiting the state.

Food/water contamination is another area that will keep people away...

I don't get way concerned about it, but just got back from a business trip to overseas cities and the fear is out, people are more aware that you or someone in your vicinity can be a target....

Old 07-11-2007, 03:02 PM

1,456 posts, read 3,759,012 times
I guess some of us enjoy living under a constant threat. That makes life more challanging, more intriging, and less active.
This has been going on for five years! with a very porous border with Mexico, any terrorist could have entered the US and done damage.
All I can say: enjoy your life. Appreciate what you have. Cherish your love ones. And respect others.
Like some one said: "If a person does not make it in America, that person will make it no-where else."

Old 07-11-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I think they would prefer a "soft" target like a shopping mall or tourist area like South Beach. Honestly, I am not worried about a terrorist attack in Florida. And I wonder how much goes on without the Government having inside knowledge.
We don't know the whole story and many times the GOV is in the same position.
This is a real concern in the nation, what will people do if soft targets are attack? Just notes mentioning a possible attack will change the complete position of the people or GOV. Never drop your guard, just be prepare to react if the situation ever becomes a reality...

Old 07-11-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
I guess some of us enjoy living under a constant threat. That makes life more challanging, more intriging, and less active.
This has been going on for five years! with a very porous border with Mexico, any terrorist could have entered the US and done damage.
All I can say: enjoy your life. Appreciate what you have. Cherish your love ones. And respect others.
Like some one said: "If a person does not make it in America, that person will make it no-where else."
Excellent post....

Old 07-12-2007, 04:23 PM

Unhappy Iraq Report Shows Only Limited Progress

Iraq has achieved only limited military and political progress toward a democratic society, the Bush administration said Thursday in a report that became prelude to a House vote on ordering a U.S. troop withdrawal by spring.

"The security situation in Iraq remains complex and extremely challenging" the report concluded. The economic picture is uneven, it said, and the government has not yet enacted vital political reconciliation legislation.

According to the report not a lot gain, many life's lost.... To this date, 4,012 soldiers have died in this war and the casualties are increasing.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:30 PM

975 posts, read 3,429,858 times
Personally I think Chernoff is an irresponsible scaremonger-- "gut feeling" my a@@.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:34 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,736,324 times
Personally, I am less than scared. I am more worried about dying in a car accident then getting bombed while I am at the mall or my water getting laced with Ebola. Even if there were an attack, what are the chances you will be there at the time of the attack? Terrorists feed on fear, so don't fear!

Old 07-12-2007, 04:51 PM

1,456 posts, read 3,759,012 times
As long as countries such as Saudi, Kuwait, and Qatar, maintain oppressive regimes, Democracy has no chance in the Middle east.
Oppressive regimes have always generated extremists....especially within the Islamic regions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or