U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:55 PM
lee

91 posts, read 353,771 times

Advertisements

I dont think we have too much to worry about with these guys.

When you consider they havent got enough intelegence to blow a car up in London or simply drive a Jeep into an airport terminal in Glasgow without setting themselves on fire I think the US will survive.

God knows how they managed 9/11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 01:03 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,338,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
That story is totally false. Read about it at Snopes. Even Colonel North wrote a response that disproved it.

That one is false, also. Here is the Snopes report.

You really should stop believing all the email junk that gets circulated. Life is hard enough without worrying about things that aren't true.
Good info !

Old 07-21-2007, 01:14 PM

98 posts, read 500,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
As long as countries such as Saudi, Kuwait, and Qatar, maintain oppressive regimes, Democracy has no chance in the Middle east.
Oppressive regimes have always generated extremists....especially within the Islamic regions.
It's my opinion that Islam doesn't require oppressive regimes to generate extremists. In fact, I've yet to hear the voice of "moderate" Islam.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:50 PM

1,346 posts, read 1,667,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MananaLand View Post
It's my opinion that Islam doesn't require oppressive regimes to generate extremists. In fact, I've yet to hear the voice of "moderate" Islam.
you haven't heard it because it doesn't exist, it is a creation of some spin doctor.
if you are reverent you are an extremist, their religion has no tolerance for anything less than total commitment

Old 07-21-2007, 07:38 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,664,754 times
Let's not forget that Iraq never gets a day off from American terrorism. Unlike the Islamic variety the American brand DOES have WMDs including nuclear (DU) and uses them daily with a horrific tole on civilians.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:02 PM

1,346 posts, read 1,667,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Let's not forget that Iraq never gets a day off from American terrorism. Unlike the Islamic variety the American brand DOES have WMDs including nuclear (DU) and uses them daily with a horrific tole on civilians.
um, did you miss going to the correct forum?
kooky politic rants is down the hall to the left, see ya

Old 07-21-2007, 08:14 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,746,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post

When you consider they havent got enough intelegence to blow a car up in London or simply drive a Jeep into an airport terminal in Glasgow without setting themselves on fire I think the US will survive.

They had help from some powerful interests....

Old 07-21-2007, 08:55 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,391,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post

I am not going to say they are nothing to worry about but why didn't the bombs work? That is hard to believe. Anybody can build a bomb triggered by a cell phone, they do it everyday with the roadside bombs. These guys must have been real idiots. The only thing I can think of is, someone on the inside is a spy who doesn't want to expose themselves and made sure the bombs didn't work in case the plot got that far. For both bombs to not work, it makes no sense.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:50 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,227,277 times
Default First Responder Communications Grant Money Totals $968 Million

National Thread Advisory:

The Departments of Commerce and Homeland Security announced $968 million in Public Safety Interoperable Communications Grants to help state and local first responders improve public safety communications and coordination during a natural or man-made disaster. The grants can be used to acquire, deploy and train in interoperable communications systems. Applications are due in 30 days; grants will be awarded by September 30, 2007.

Department of Homeland Security | Preserving our Freedoms, Protecting America

Old 07-22-2007, 07:54 PM

1,456 posts, read 3,758,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
National Thread Advisory:

The Departments of Commerce and Homeland Security announced $968 million in Public Safety Interoperable Communications Grants to help state and local first responders improve public safety communications and coordination during a natural or man-made disaster. The grants can be used to acquire, deploy and train in interoperable communications systems. Applications are due in 30 days; grants will be awarded by September 30, 2007.

Department of Homeland Security | Preserving our Freedoms, Protecting America

what is $968 million next to the $8 billion spent monthly in Iraq!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or