U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-05-2010, 01:33 PM

19 posts, read 24,051 times

Advertisements

did another road trip over thanksgiving break. this time i brought 2 disposable cameras and developed the film.

panoramic murals

home-made christmas trees

this mural had a speaker on it, with a looped recording of cowboys yipping and hollering during a roundup:

Pvt. Hudson says: "It's coming out of the wall, man!"

this is a picture about a guy who had a heart attack, watched the movie "patch adams" and decided to teach people how to be clowns.

this is a shot of the back of the building.

front

(he wasn't home)

the oddball new age health store in the middle of town. doors were locked but had a nice pamphlet.

(yes that's a mural)

mr. dewey, who invested in the town

downtown

the mama bear and her cub represent death and rebirth, return to the forest.

it even had a fish pond!

lake june in winter, take from one of the boat ramps in the northwest

wild florida, ENTER IF YOU DARE!

(i did, wasn't that bad)

the areas outside town remain undeveloped.

google maps link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 01:43 PM

1,457 posts, read 1,867,092 times
Those are amazing pics! I can't believe there are so many murals. I adopted my dog from a rescue in Lake Placid but they came to me. Now I have a reason to go there and check it out. Thanks for posting, they're all beautiful!

Old 12-05-2010, 09:46 PM

208 posts, read 331,989 times
Lake Placid is known as the "town of murals" with over 40 murals throughout the town.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:53 AM

19 posts, read 24,051 times
Default more lake placid pictures

i returned to lake placid for their bi-monthly saturday morning market and for the christmas parade they had that night.

old fashioned liqueur flavored cakes

henscratch farms' stand

a nice lady

santa came to visit too, on a fire truck!

inside lake placid's art museum

more murals

lake placid's outlying lands have a split personality problem. schools next to orange groves and trash, manicured and landscaped retirement communities next to old cow pastures, and there's half built homes in front of virgin forests of piney woods.

notice the contrast

preparing for the parade

some highlights of the parade

"ho ho ho! see you next year!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida